• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blu Planet Comics in Long Island, New York goes off the deep end.

218 posts in this topic

definitely. one time some lady at work brought in a christmas catalog that she was helping her friend sell from. several people wrote checks for various items. months later we never got them - when i called the lady-not the co worker- she snapped 'well sue me then!'

instead i contacted the DA's office and she received a charge of check fraud from them in the mail. we quickly received refunds and boy that felt good.

A simple "we are working to remedy the situation," should have sufficed by the dealer whether they working for a resolution or not. At least to save face.

And as soon as the reddit started to go viral, issue a refund and post in response to reddit, "we have already issued the customer a refund." /drama.

Hey guys thanks for the kind words. This whole experience has been unreal. I'm still at a loss for words that a store owner, let alone anyone could respond in this way...it blew me away.

I'm just hoping my credit card company sorts this out -

PS hope you dont get AIDS like Blu is wishing.

145204.png.ac92864f9fa8e95409f9e04c485cf7f9.png

Hey guys thanks for the kind words. This whole experience has been unreal. I'm still at a loss for words that a store owner, let alone anyone could respond in this way...it blew me away.

I'm just hoping my credit card company sorts this out -

PS hope you dont get AIDS like Blu is wishing.

To be fair he actually wished that on someone else...on me...well....he was a bit more explicit. Still shaking my head over this one...no idea what's wrong with that guy but I say with sincerity that I hope he gets some help...

Sad thing is I still have no refund. This all could have been avoided had he just responded to my messages (which I gave him plenty of time to do) and/or just given me a refund via paypal. It would have taken him 10 seconds.

can you just see some news reporter sticking a camera in his face and asking 'did you say you wished one of your customers would contract AIDS?'

can you just see some news reporter sticking a camera in his face and asking 'did you say you wished one of your customers would contract AIDS?'

Man..at first I wanted him shut down and broiled over the fire. Now I just want to move on.. I really don't want this blown up but its taken on a life of its own, mostly due to this guys choice of reaction.

All bad words are forgivable to me -- everyone loses their cool. but to dox me (post my private info publicly) and to refuse to issue me a refund without even a drop of reason behind it really grinds my gears.

Sorry if this is dragging things out, JS - but I just informed 5 major NYC news outlets about this shop, the owner, and his penchant for ripping customers off and then wishing them to contract a deadly disease.

I truly hope that "some news reporter sticking a camera in his face and asking 'did you say you wished one of your customers would contract AIDS?'" actually happens.

-slym

Sorry if this is dragging things out, JS - but I just informed 5 major NYC news outlets about this shop, the owner, and his penchant for ripping customers off and then wishing them to contract a deadly disease.

I truly hope that "some news reporter sticking a camera in his face and asking 'did you say you wished one of your customers would contract AIDS?'" actually happens.

-slym

Hey I am on the roller-coaster already, lol. I hope it gets picked up...this guy deserves all the bad press he can get. He has no right being a business owner with morals and ethics like this. Being able to serve a community as a shop-owner with access to distribution from comic/gaming companies is a privilege, not a right.

make some calls-see who does feature stories and leave em a voicemail hitting the highlights-$1000 ripoff-comics-AIDS-gloating about not paying-going viral....

maybe get a gay activist group interested the news cameras would definitely perk up on that.....

oh your credit card co should handle it nicely if you have all the evidence as you have indicated including his admission that he did not send and gloating about it-thats a slam dunk.

This doesn't always work as planned. If a store/outlet can prove that "no refunds" are their policy (I'm simplifying here), CC companies may find in their favor. I got ripped off on a $280 deal through a vendor, and even upon providing an email to my bank where the vendor said they would refund (and never did) - the bank still ruled in their favor (US Bank) and I lost my $280.

For anyone who think the CC company will unilaterally rule in your favor - I would not be so confident in that.

Has anyone passed this news on to bleeding cool yet?

sent them a link to the reddit thread and a summary last night.

thought they'd find it tantalizing and sensational enough to post.

:applause: