• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blu Planet Comics in Long Island, New York goes off the deep end.

218 posts in this topic

This was posted in the Water Cooler by board member JS...but thought it would be of interest here.

I posted on reddit - basically he stole $1000 from me. I am so exhausted from this so instead of retelling the store here, I will just link to the reddit post I made which has all the details.

Long story short - he took my money, never shipped, went MIA, and then decided to post openly how he won't ever give my money back, published my personal info on his site, and now refuses to refund until I delete his post.

If you want a primer on what not to do ever as a business person, look at this thread:

This was posted in the Water Cooler by board member JS...but thought it would be of interest here.

I posted on reddit - basically he stole $1000 from me. I am so exhausted from this so instead of retelling the store here, I will just link to the reddit post I made which has all the details.

Long story short - he took my money, never shipped, went MIA, and then decided to post openly how he won't ever give my money back, published my personal info on his site, and now refuses to refund until I delete his post.

If you want a primer on what not to do ever as a business person, look at this thread:

Sounds like a nutball.

I wonder what his Board name is...

wow, surprise surprise... another Comic shop being run by someone with a shortfall in a)professionalism and b)business sense.

When you find a good Comic Shop and a good comic shop owner (or online dealer), never let him/her go!

The response at the bottom of this link (that was pointed to in the comments section) is pure poetry...

"We sincerely hope you die of aids".

the guy doesn't understand it's not slander if it's true.Also, as JJ Jameson said, it's libel. slander is spoken.

J.K.Simmons-Pic.jpg

wow, surprise surprise... another Comic shop being run by someone with a shortfall in a)professionalism and b)business sense.

When you find a good Comic Shop and a good comic shop owner (or online dealer), never let him/her go!

Sound advice!

The comic store keeps posting about the guy wanting to take a deal off eBay, yet he agreed to do the deal off eBay.

Wouldn't the comic store owner be just as liable here as the customer?

The comic store keeps posting about the guy wanting to take a deal off eBay, yet he agreed to do the deal off eBay.

Wouldn't the comic store owner be just as liable here as the customer?

Yup. That's part of the insanity.

Hey guys thanks for the kind words. This whole experience has been unreal. I'm still at a loss for words that a store owner, let alone anyone could respond in this way...it blew me away.

I'm just hoping my credit card company sorts this out -

oh your credit card co should handle it nicely if you have all the evidence as you have indicated including his admission that he did not send and gloating about it-thats a slam dunk.