• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 14 on ebay

102 posts in this topic

I'm curious if there are others here who think this book may have color touch - there's a weird portion of the photograph and it looks as if there is some bleed through on the interior upper cover by the spine where it meets the interior of the 1st page. The seller wont send any additional pics and is downright nasty with their responses - and yes, that's enough of a reason not to buy but I'd really like to know your thoughts regarding this book. Here's the link, thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=301105753365&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

dude has 100% pos and i can see someone getting snarky if their legitimate auction was questioned. matter of fact that lends credence. i compared edges and doesnt seem to be trimmed either.

When the seller was asked for an additional picture and if the book had any restoration the seller barked "no, the dealer I bought it from guaranteed that there's 100% no restoration" and in the same note the seller also refused to send/ post a better picture.

that doesnt sound like a bark. it could be a gentle answer if you think about it-and maybe he assumed that answer invalidated the need for another pic. i think its ok.

One of his feedbacks is a buyer claiming he got a purple label on a book he purchased

Follow-up by g***r (Feb-21-14 12:40):

BEWARE BUYERS-CGC'd-returnd w/PURPLE label-WON'T REFUND ME-INTENTIONAL DECEPTION

I'm always leery of people who have raw key books as NM on ebay, yet they sell graded books too. If it is truly NM wouldn't you want to send it out for the high grade and maximize your profit? Robojo used to have graded and high grade raws and his feedback was always high.

It might be a perfectly legit auction, but I wouldn't bid.

I'm always leery of people who have raw key books as NM on ebay, yet they sell graded books too. If it is truly NM wouldn't you want to send it out for the high grade and maximize your profit? Robojo used to have graded and high grade raws and his feedback was always high.

It might be a perfectly legit auction, but I wouldn't bid.

that is an excellent observation

i might play with this dude a bit.....

Looks like maybe some above spidey head in picture number 6.

Thank you!! The seller got really nasty when I kept asking about it - "I told you nothing is bleeding through anything you as*hole don't bid on it".

Yeah, take his advice - don't bid. You'll be better off, and he looks like the individual_without_enough_empathy.

:)

-slym

Looks like maybe some above spidey head in picture number 6.

Thank you!! The seller got really nasty when I kept asking about it - "I told you nothing is bleeding through anything you as*hole don't bid on it".

Yeah, take his advice - don't bid. You'll be better off, and he looks like the individual_without_enough_empathy.

:)

-slym

Thanks Slym.