• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 14 on ebay

102 posts in this topic

This response from him is great...

"The book is not restored. I do not have to prove anything to anyone. There are 12 clear pictures that you can zoom on I do not have to send any more pictures of the same comic book of the same pictures like I work for you."

this is one of those times i wish you could contact bidders and warn them.....its like seeing someone driving off a cliff....and you can do nothing.

at least we have another ebay member for the rogues gallery

I asked these questions about the book: "Is it restored in any way, and it is possible to get a cover scan?" and got this response:

Hi,

There is absolutely no restoration at all on this ASM # 14. It has been verified by a dealer in NYC and will be refunded in full if you disagree. I already have 12 clear pictures with zoom and I cannot upload any more in this listing.

Thank you.

I am saving this mail since it does say he will refund if proven wrong, something I haven't seen in other people's responses - just for posterity.

;)

-slym

Maybe report the item as a fraudulent listing?

Unfortunately, we have no real proof.

-slym

Yeah I know, but I'm sure here in this group we can all agree it's sketchy and prob ct. Just was maybe hoping could warn others.

i just got this reply when i asked him about the FB comment and the weird color area:

Give me a break are you kidding me? I could look on any book on ebay and make up the your dishing out.

i told him the book was being discussed on the forums and i just wanted to put my fears to rest he said he's ending the auction

maybe he was just venting....but isnt it a $3000 book allegedly? i dont think he'll be too happy if it sells for $600 or so.

wonder what he bought it for from the 'NYC dealer'?

Yeah he told me to F off and I was an a hole. Oh well

i wonder how many messages he got in a sudden flurry? I was polite to him the whole time and tried to explain patiently i was just a careful buyer. definitely this thread will affect sales-boardies are very aware when key books are up on ebay.

I'm sure he got atleast a few. I was polite overall. Even when he went off the deep end. I doubt bought from a dealer. If he did he wouldn't take pix the way he did. With the spine of the book n the air like that. And on a bare VCT floor (generally waxed with a oily compound)