• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smaller Than Average Books?

22 posts in this topic

Have you compared it with another regular-sized copy? Is the cover missing some details? Are the margins smaller in the interior?

Not trimmed, just like 90-95% the size of a similar ASM issue, like they'd been shrunk or produced slightly different. The covers look *exactly* the same, with no trimming guaranteed, and like I said, I bought all, or at the least, most of these myself.

I have a feeling this is a Canadian thing, with maybe a secondary printer being brought in and not having the correct specs on the machines.

I can remember seeing some of these, its a long time ago but you have just jogged my memory, I needed a few AMS issues and when I was going through the box I saw one of the books I needed was a bit smaller, I asked the seller if it was trimmed and he said no it was just made like that.

I didnt like the sound of that or the look of he book, so I passed.

I live in the UK and not many Canadian books make it to here, so dunno.

Sorry, I know none of this helps at all, just musing is all :foryou: