• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RECORD prices realized for Canadian Whites on CLINK!

76 posts in this topic

I can claim bragging rights overarching stupidity on that one :banana:

I call it my "Peekaboo Key" ;) The splash page that the OO created a "window" to is the first appearance of Adrian Dingle's (Nelvana creator's) other significant character, the Penguin.

One thing I'll say is that Canadian kids were apparently awfully hard on their comics. :D

all the decently graded ones were sold last time in the featured auction. They put the beat up books in the focussed auction today.

I never doubted how cool and rare so many of them are, but I'm astonished by a lot of the realized prices. It is good to know, however, that there are obviously some very passionate collectors of these. I think it's cool.

I never doubted how cool and rare so many of them are, but I'm astonished by a lot of the realized prices. It is good to know, however, that there are obviously some very passionate collectors of these. I think it's cool.

Well everybody is astonished by it, but there's never really been a good public sale of a large collection before, at least that I know of, in a decade. Maybe these prices will shake some books loose :wishluck:

Look at how little (comparatively) the Triumph 10 sold for! $300. I guess everyone decided to not bid on that one out of respect for the fact Stephen still needs it. http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids%2Easp&id=1008067

I hope he got it...that's a great cover.

If he didn't get it I am going to beat him with a stick ;) because I certainly would have paid more!

And yes, what a tremendous cover

One thing I'll say is that Canadian kids were apparently awfully hard on their comics. :D

all the decently graded ones were sold last time in the featured auction. They put the beat up books in the focussed auction today.

Sounds like a successful marketing strategy.

So, if I was to put my covers only Better Comics in the next auction, it should realize around $700 … $1000 … $1800 ?

BETTERfc_zpsff1f807e.jpeg

BETTERbc_zpsfd29fb4c.jpeg

I was shocked at how much the .5's sold for. Incredible. Hot books! My low bids were blown out of the water.

Maybe Bronty will crack his first Penguin appearance and take a few snaps of the interior. :wishluck: