• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wavy CGC label inside of case

13 posts in this topic

Does this bother the hell out of anybody else? Is there a way to fix or prevent the label from doing this?

Don't let these guys jerk you around. Next time just select the metal label option. It's an extra $10, but I think it's really worth it.

Does this bother the hell out of anybody else? Is there a way to fix or prevent the label from doing this?

To give a serious answer, it usually happens on books with the extra thick outer holder. Nothing you can do other than have it reholdered by CGC.

It's never bothered me. I find many people care just as much about the CGC holder as they do about the book inside and I never understood that. As long as you can see the book clearly that's always been most important to me.

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I was going to post the same thing, so...

Yes, it bothers me too. I just got a bunch of slabs off eBay that came with wavy labels and it does set off my OCD. I assume it is caused by excessive humidity, which is not a good thing.

However, my logical brain tells me it is not a big deal as long as the comic itself is not wavy too...