• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best place to sell CGC graded comics?

30 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I am new to these forums and hope this is the right place to ask this. Well I have been selling on Ebay pretty much since the start, but would like to find out what is the best site to sell my CGC graded comics on. Seems the days of high sales records on ebay are long gone. Any recommendations? I also see that there is a forum on here to sell CGC graded comics... how does this rate as well? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

It depends on what you are selling. For most comics from 1977 to current, ebay is probably the way to go unless your have high end copies of TMNT # 1-5 1st prints or Albedo #2.

If you have high end marvels from the silver age to early bronze, then Pedigree Comics or ComicLink is probably your best bet.

Metropolis/ComicConnect seems to focus & specialize with Golden Age more than anything else.

Hello everyone. I am new to these forums and hope this is the right place to ask this. Well I have been selling on Ebay pretty much since the start, but would like to find out what is the best site to sell my CGC graded comics on. Seems the days of high sales records on ebay are long gone. Any recommendations? I also see that there is a forum on here to sell CGC graded comics... how does this rate as well? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Have you tried Craigslist?

:jokealert:

Seriously, if you've got the goods that are in demand, you may get reasonable prices but prepare for the low ball offers and slow sales. Trust takes time to build. Even worse if they're common or less in demand unless you price them low enough. Lots of dealers and flippers as well as the fanatic collector and speculator on here so everyone's looking for a deal but easy to negotiate. Please, don't try to scam anyone on here. You'll get found out pretty quickly and banned/shunned on here and common sites like ebay. Most of the veterans on here have seen every possible scam with comics and can usually sniff one out. Otherwise, read and follow the rules on sales and packing, enjoy some threads, PM some of the successful sellers on here for advice (not me I suck), and give it a shot. Nothing to lose but time on here.

WTTB

You could try selling your books here...but you'll have to give up a fair chunk of FMV to allow the buyer to flip said purchase for a sweet profit within 48 hours.

Even though it was allegedly a 'grail'.

And that is if they actually pay you. :/

lol

you really need to spell out what you have: Marvel? DC? Silver? Bronze? Copper? Modern? Low Grade? High Grade?

i would check out Highgradecomics.com and ComicConnect.com

You could try selling your books here...but you'll have to give up a fair chunk of FMV to allow the buyer to flip said purchase for a sweet profit within 48 hours.

Even though it was allegedly a 'grail'.

And that is if they actually pay you. :/

You ol' grump.

I think the correct term is curmudgeon. :preach:

If you need to sell quickly at a 10-20% FMV, I would opt for the boards. Boardies over here love the speculation and 1st appearance books.

Mycomicshop.com to get a slow 97% FMV. I think they only charge a 3% commission. You could even ask for an Unfair Market Value like a lot of their clients. .....