• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The value of bluelines?

2 posts in this topic

Are bluelines for magazines of particular value? After all bluelines are not just from the first printing of a magazine but technically the FIRST magazine printed. Plus all the text and artwork is blue (and that's kinda neat). Potentially it could be quite a collectible (as it's likely one of a kind), although typically the blueline is without a cover.

For those who don't know (assuming that's anyone) a blueline is a pre-production copy of a magazine (or comic) sent to the publisher by the printer for approval and corrections before going to press.

screwy.gif

Are bluelines for magazines of particular value? After all bluelines are not just from the first printing of a magazine but technically the FIRST magazine printed. Plus all the text and artwork is blue (and that's kinda neat). Potentially it could be quite a collectible (as it's likely one of a kind), although typically the blueline is without a cover.

For those who don't know (assuming that's anyone) a blueline is a pre-production copy of a magazine (or comic) sent to the publisher by the printer for approval and corrections before going to press.

screwy.gif

Not really sure as I don't recall ever seeing any for sale myself but blues tend to fade quickly and become non readable especially if exposed to light. I would think most collectors would lean more towards original art or production cover proofs.

Welcome to the Boards!