• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help Me Decide

33 posts in this topic

Hmmmm this is a tough one. My opinion only, I would prefer a Nice copy over a ise for Toilet Paper copy. So First Wolverine over a First X-men, damn that's a tough one. If it's the first X-men and it grades over a 2.0, than at least it will look nice hanging on the walll. So based on gut and preference, I would go with X-Men 1, and not think twice. Remember one thing, you can't have Wolverine and the X-men withou having the Xmen first. What came first the Chicken or the Egg.

Hulk 181. That book will continue to get more expensive. Id probably rather have the xmen, but I wouldn't think prices are going to change much on that book in low grades. Plus, wait to find an xmen that doesn't have a missing piece. You can find affordable (relatively) copies in 2.0-3.0 range that present much better than that grade. Just my $.02!

Ya, Hulk 181. Save up over time for a nicer copy of X-Men 1. Prices in low grades will be stabler, as noted. Hulk 181 demand continues, and he's one of Marvel's most popular characters ever. And as he's one of yours, you'll love pulling that nice copy out of the box to ogle now and then.

x-men 1 3.0 with no tape cgc'd. I got one and i love it. New x-men movies coming, not wolverine too btw, although he will be the star as always. I jsut see x-men 1 rising more than 181 the next 2 years. Its due for a rise.

UPDATE

I went with the Hulk 181 CGC 8.5 copy. I agree that the X-Men 1 is the bigger key and if it hadn't been for the front cover rip then I likely would have went with the 2.0 copy of X-Men 1. Taking the opinions here into consideration, I figured that IH181 continues to rise in value and that soon I will be priced out of the higher grades. I will now continue my search for a copy of X-Men 1 in 2.0 - 3.0 grade and wait for the perfect copy.

Thanks for everyone's help.

I think if you like them both equally a nice looking Hulk 181 is the better investment.

Yes I agree.

Hulk 181 CGC 8.5 is at least decent enough HG and the 1st app. of the 4th most popular character of all time.

I would hold out and buy an X-men #1 in at least CGC 3.0/4.0

X-men #1 CGC 2.0 grade is just too low for such a common SA Marvel Key.

UPDATE

I went with the Hulk 181 CGC 8.5 copy. I agree that the X-Men 1 is the bigger key and if it hadn't been for the front cover rip then I likely would have went with the 2.0 copy of X-Men 1. Taking the opinions here into consideration, I figured that IH181 continues to rise in value and that soon I will be priced out of the higher grades. I will now continue my search for a copy of X-Men 1 in 2.0 - 3.0 grade and wait for the perfect copy.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Actually I now consider hulk 181 as a bigger key myself in terms of what is asked for all the time at shows.

Wolverine is probably the 4th most well known character in the world now.

Every single comic book show Hulk #181 is noticed and asked at least 2o times more than X-men #1. Hulk 181 and GSX #1 are bigger in terms of popularity than X-men #1 which I have as 3rd place in the X-men realm of back issues.

I don't know..... Wolverine may be even higher than 4th as far as actual popularity goes.... though name recognition would be another story. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I don't know..... Wolverine may be even higher than 4th as far as actual popularity goes.... though name recognition would be another story. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

1 Superman (latest movie kept him as #1 in terms of notoriety)

2 Batman (he is coming ever so close to #1)

3 Spider-man

4 Wolverine

5 Iron Man (since Avengers)