• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What year would you time travel to….

56 posts in this topic

I'd rather go to 1938 and shoot Hitler.

Might be smarter to go back earlier, before he's in power and has security around him. Kill him while he's an artist.

Heck, make it really easy and kill him when he's a young child.

I can see the faces of the onlookers as they haul me away - "He's evil I tell you! Evil!"

Yeah, that's the ticket. :/

they tried that:

I'd go to 1937 and get a Red Ryder bb gun with a compass on the stock and the thing that tells time...

I would not get a decoder pin....

If you shot him there wouldn't have been any paper drives for the war, there would be tons of Action #1 and Tec 27s. Schomburg isn't famous because there are no war covers to draw. The Soviet Union starts the cold war sooner and we get most of the German scientists on our side. The world gets blown up and there ends up being more Action #1s then people. Or maybe not.

if you killed hitler the cover of Cap #1 would be totally different.

there wouldn't be that line in the movie 'I've knocked out adolph hitler over 200 times'...

that's not a fair trade-off

I'd go to 1937 and get a Red Ryder bb gun with a compass on the stock and the thing that tells time...

Yea, yea.... that way when anyone asks you what time it is, you just whip out your rifle and give them the info :applause:

he should have started out with 'dad-I want a watch for christmas...sort of....'

IM with the guys that are going back to '77 to knock on the Church family door "picker" style and see if they have any comic books/magazines that I could take off their hands.

1. It gets me a collection that spans the years.

2. It sticks it to Chuck. And we don't have to live with his widespread overgrading.

3. These days the guys who discover the big pedigrees get some juice. Id use it for good I promise!

The problematic "butterfly" effect is that I wouldnt be trying to sell the collection back in the 70s, and from what I can tell the Church collection entrenched the importance and desirability of the "pedigree" . I keep the books, and maybe that doesnt happen... or maybe doesnt happen in the same way, or the Church collection loses some significance (doubtful)

I'd go back to '91. Find my younger self and tell the insufficiently_thoughtful_person to stay the hell away from that bimbo that would eventually become my EX who would eventually bleed me dry both emotionally and monetarily.

He wouldn't listen.

Might be smarter to go back earlier, before he's in power and has security around him. Kill him while he's an artist.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/brain-flapping/2014/feb/21/time-travellers-kill-adolf-hitler

Mine is obvious and boring but I would go with July 38 to June 39 to get Action 1 and Tec 27 and of course every other GA book on the stand during those times. I Really like pre hero Tecs.

I'd also grab some Picasso, Dali, Duchamp, Mondrian, Kandinsky etc.

Yup.

Besides the security, real bad stuff was already put into motion by him by the year 1938. Best to go back farther

I'm thinking 1979. Original art was still being given away by big time artists on the convention scene and sketches were freebies basically. I could easily still get my hands on plenty of currency from that time period before heading back and would get myself a job. I would of course invest heavily and put everything in my name and open a few large safety deposit boxes where I would deposit all the original art I could get my hands on from every major title and of course a ton of sketches. It would be interesting to see just how much stuff I could collect in a year of conventions and writing to artists and weekend trips to comic stores.

All the stuff I dream about was out by then, and I'd be perfectly happy with used copies of Action 1 thru 30, Detective 1 on up, all the early Famous Funnies, early Timelys, Centaurs, MLJ etc etc. A couple copies or more of everything from 1933 on up shouldn't be impossible if you had a decent bankroll, and seeing the books FRESH ON THE NEWSSTAND would be a total treat.

Drag 'em back to the present, sell some undercopies, and buy everything after 1941 that holds your interest.

...or, I could just by more lotto tickets today, lol