• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Inker recommendations for Harley Quinn Project

25 posts in this topic

I have an incomplete prelim piece by Mark Brooks that I've looked at over and over again for the past year, wondering why it wasn't completed and what it would look like if it were. I have no history on the piece and from what I can tell, Mark went in another direction with it. But my curiosity has finally gotten the best of me (or at least my desire to see it completed) and like a few of our peers, picking just one inker to complete the project seemed rather daunting, so why pick just one? Why not start my own "Harley Quinn Project" and see what the results are after having several different artists work their magic on the piece. So far I've discussed it with Rob Hunter, Nathan Massengill, Chris Ivy, Walden Wong, Al Gordon & Bob McLeod, which I think is a pretty solid start, but if anyone here on the boards has suggestions for additional inkers, I'd be glad to hear them. Thanks & here's the piece:

<a  href=66ec3bbc-0e4b-4f43-901c-1a79fa616434_zps

Morales is one of my favorite inkers, and I think he should get much more credit for his work. loved him over Cheung and think he is better on McNiven than Vines by far. Unfortunately for me and mark, Steve McN must feel differently.

I haven't worked with him, but every time I see Gary Martin post a piece I'm reminded I should.

I'd also have to disagree with Stuart Sagyer. He has a great style for his own work, which I think would be far to heavy to ink someone else. Has he every just inked another artist's pencils?

Just personal prefernce but i think this would look great finished by Bill Siekiewicz. Stuart Sayger. Someone with a heavy handed style

I considered Siekiewicz, but he would be someone to catch at a con to try and get finished there. As Mr. NSN asked, does Sayger work over other artists?

Obviously I'll recommend Mike Royer. I think his smooth hand has always inked the female form masterfully, and he always remains true to the original pencils. You can look up his contact info online or PM me if you want faster results.

BIMBOS001_zpseef13a5a.jpg

Try to go with an inker who has actually worked in tandem with Mark Brooks on published work. That way you'll go with an artist familiar with how to handle his lines and maintain the look and feel of the original rendering.

I'd keep the pencils, make a blue line and either have one artist ink over the blue line or even have a series of artists ink multiple copies to have a diverse gallery to view with traditional inkers like Norm Rapmund, Bob McLeod, Joseph Rubenstien, Scott Koblish, Rick Basaldua, Joe Weems, Matt "Batt" Banning, Scott Williams, and Dexter Vines.

I'd keep the pencils, make a blue line and either have one artist ink over the blue line or even have a series of artists ink multiple copies to have a diverse gallery to view with traditional inkers like Norm Rapmund, Bob McLeod, Joseph Rubenstien, Scott Koblish, Rick Basaldua, Joe Weems, Matt "Batt" Banning, Scott Williams, and Dexter Vines.

I think you may have skipped over my initial post, because that's what I'm doing, Rick, but thanks! (thumbs u