• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Big Moving Sale (lots of runs)

69 posts in this topic

Ok, so I'm moving abroad in the summer, and I just cant take my long boxes with me. And while the books I'm listing are awesome reads, they arent worth storing for the next 5 years.

but before the books...

1. No Probies/HOSers

2. Shipping will be at costs. It will be boxed. I am a good shipper.

3. No International (ironic, no?) these stacks/lots will just be to heavy to make it worth shipping abroad.

4. Paypal payment only

5. :takeit: in thread or PMs wins. Offers will be entertained.

I'll be running this for at least a week (have to get the other long boxes out of storage and will be posting them over the course of the week).

1. Resurrection Man Lot (avg NM-) $20 sold to paperheart

includes

• Resurection Man 1-27, & 1,000,000
  • Supergirl crossover (#24)

A great read by Abnett and Lanning (Before they got fameous writing Guardians of the Galaxy), with excellent art by Butch Guice.

Resurrection Man was written as a non-traditional superhero who did not wear a colorful costume or regularly associate with the likes of the Justice League. The book series was written like a TV series, with a grand story arc in which Shelley wanders America in search of the truth behind his past and his transformation.

Whenever Shelley is killed, he returns to life with a different power (or "gift" as he often refers to it) that correlates in some way to his death. At times the powers are helpful, sometimes they really arent...

6bQvyk8.jpg

1. Resurrection Man Lot (avg NM-) $20

includes

A great read by Abnett and Lanning (Before they got fameous writing Guardians of the Galaxy), with excellent art by Butch Guice.

Resurrection Man was written as a non-traditional superhero who did not wear a colorful costume or regularly associate with the likes of the Justice League. The book series was written like a TV series, with a grand story arc in which Shelley wanders America in search of the truth behind his past and his transformation.

Whenever Shelley is killed, he returns to life with a different power (or "gift" as he often refers to it) that correlates in some way to his death. At times the powers are helpful, sometimes they really arent...

6bQvyk8.jpg

:takeit:

2. Captain Carrot & His Zoo Crew Lot (avg Fn+) $10 sold to iggy101us

includes

• Captain Carrot 1-20

A super fun all ages read by Roy Thomas and Scott Shaw.

The various members of the Zoo Crew lived on a parallel Earth that, during DC's pre-Crisis multiverse system, was named "Earth-C." Earth-C consisted of a world where various anthropomorphized talking animals existed; the series featured many animal-themed pun names for real-world aspects.

BpVoFDe.jpg

1. Resurrection Man Lot (avg NM-) $20

includes

6bQvyk8.jpg

:takeit:

^^

So a few notes before I list more..

I collected all these runs with the intent of binding them. They were generally well regarded titles that never (at least by the time I collected them) got trades or other collected editions published of the content, so a one of kind bind was going to be my way of having my own Omnibus.

I pulled a lot of these books from $1 bins, but Im trying to price them lower so if anyone is looking to flip them as sets at cons you should be able to make a little on them if you price them somewhere $.50 and $1 per book for the set.

When story lines had crossovers I tried to pick up those books as well so there should be a complete thruline for any story arcs in these collections (though no guarantees, I might have missed one or two)

I collected all these runs with the intent of binding them. They were generally well regarded titles that never (at least by the time I collected them) got trades or other collected editions published of the content, so a one of kind bind was going to be my way of having my own Omnibus.

I pulled all of these books from $1 bins, but Im trying to price them lower so if anyone is looking to flip them as sets at cons you should be able to make a little on them if you price them somewhere $.50 and $1 per book for the set.

When story lines had crossovers I tried to pick up those books as well so there should be a complete thruline for any story arcs in these collections (though no guarentees, I might have missed one or two)

you are either supposed to PM me the list before listing any more or at least link your pics back to your photobucket account so i can go rummaging that way. :hi:

I pulled all of these books from $1 bins, but Im trying to price them lower so if anyone is looking to flip them as sets at cons you should be able to make a little on them if you price them somewhere $.50 and $1 per book for the set.

When story lines had crossovers I tried to pick up those books as well so there should be a complete thruline for any story arcs in these collections (though no guarentees, I might have missed one or two)

you are either supposed to PM me the list before listing any more or at least link your pics back to your photobucket account so i can go rummaging that way. :hi:

:signfunny:

3. Justice League International Run (avg NM-) $45

Includes:

• Justice League International 1-60 (it went from Justice League, to Internaltional to America over the course of the arc title)
  • Justice League Europe 26-36 (Breakdowns Crossover)
  • Justice League Annual 1-4

Thats almost 75 books!

TCtLLip.jpg

z1HOGrW.jpg

Love these types of threads. You could most likely sell them without even doing pictures! :)

yeah, but taking pictures is when I get a chance to thumb thru them, make sure I have the issues... and then second guess selling them!

4. Spider-Man 2099 Lot (NM) $75 SOLD! to CAHokie

Includes:

• Spider-Man 2099 1-46, Annual 1
  • 2099 Unlimited 1-3, 8-10
  • Fall of the Hammer crossovers (4 issues)
  • Beavis and Butt-Head (1994) #14
  • Spider-man 2099 Special
  • Spider-man 2099 meets Spider-man special
  • a few Doom 2099 and Venom 2099 crossovers

Great Peter David writing (such original concepts, when he could have just retread the same old Spidey water)...

Spider-man 2099's secret alter ego is Miguel O'Hara, a brilliant geneticist living in New York in the year 2099 A.D. who is attempting to recreate the abilities of the original Spider-Man in other people and later suffers a related accident that causes half his DNA to be re-written with a spider's genetic code.

Over 60 issues. Checking ebay, full runs (just of the main title) are have sold for $100 range, this one has all the bells and whistles!

WhKtWbQ.jpg

4kfsP4x.jpg

xe7JYv6.jpg

Thats it for tonight.

Im gonna hold off on the partial lots (incomplete runs) until the end and then offer them at a super low discount.

Hopefully that'll be enough incentive for some pre-existing buyers to "add them to the pile" on the cheap!

more this weekend.

5. The 'Nam 1-84 (with some doubles) Avg grade NM- $90

All the completed ebay sales I'm seeing are for $125 and up.

Many of the later issues (say the last 5-6) are harder to find due to the waning interest in the line).

Amazing chronicle of the Vietnam War. Only interrupted by the appearance of "super heroes" during two arcs (damn editors). Phenomenal Michael Golden art at the start.

Michael Golden has signed the cover to #1

6af66095-0cb8-45cb-bb0f-6913e5a723c0_zpsa73f07b8.jpg

(not all issues are shown)

IMG_1362_zps829a76ca.jpg

6. Classic X-men 1-84 $35 SOLD to CAHokie

Condition avg FN with a few issues showing some moisture damage, but still totally readable.

completed ebay sale for an even longer run was $70.

Not only is this the cheapest way to read the Claremont and Byrne runs of Uncanny X-men but you get to read all of the awesome "X-men Vignettes"

IMG_1357_zps93ba1bc0.jpg

IMG_1358_zpsd9a30215.jpg

IMG_1359_zps30bc5bce.jpg