• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanted: Tales to Astonish books!

17 posts in this topic

do not have the later issues. I am trying to get some of the early split covers and most have the old logo. I seem to like them better.

The split covers are some of the best that Marvel had to offer.

I just sold on eBay a #66 (Western Penn) and #67 both in CGC 9.2 and the prices weren't that high. Especially the #66. There are only two 9.6's and one 9.4, so a 9.2 was really a very high grade copy.

Good Luck!!!!!

That's a Pre-Hero Marvel book.

Rhino_Comics might be interested as I know he has a nice #29 and a #31 so a really nice #30 (with the cool light green cover) would slide right in there nicely.

Rhino has some cloud9.gif pre-hero books. yay.gif They are all over the silver age thread. The quality of pre-hero books displayed there has increased ten-fold since he joined.

He got the #29 and #31 from me. They were great books, but he seemed to have more passion for them then I did, so we made a good deal from both of our sides.

I love Pre-Hero Marvel's, but I decided I better start focusing my collecting habits a little tighter if I ever wanted to complete anything. smile.gif

And you are right, he sure does have some sweet books.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He got the #29 and #31 from me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would you mind sharing the grades and approx. sale price? Thanks...

I think the #29 was a CGC 8.5 and the #31 was a CGC 8.0. Regarding the sale price, that would be up to Rhino_Comics to share. But they sold for above guide (which most Pre-Hero Marvels do).

Norin,

That cover rocks, I never get tired of it or issues #98 & #100 as a matter of fact. cloud9.gif Sorry I couldn't resist reposting these, all this TTA talk gets me going. grin.gif

T.jpg

Sweet book. thumbsup2.gif Don't see too many blue SA covers (except a few other TTA subby books). There's definately alot of great action in the TTA covers. One epic battle after another.

1443_080.jpg1443_088.jpg1443_094.jpg1443_096.jpg

I haven't paid much attention to TTA, but #93 just made my list! thumbsup2.gif Will be looking for a high grade copy.

That's a Pre-Hero Marvel book.

Rhino_Comics might be interested as I know he has a nice #29 and a #31 so a really nice #30 (with the cool light green cover) would slide right in there nicely.

Rhino has some cloud9.gif pre-hero books. yay.gif They are all over the silver age thread. The quality of pre-hero books displayed there has increased ten-fold since he joined.

Thanks FFB! Sorry for the slow reply, I was in Cozumel diving last week, just got home Sat night.

Thanks FFB! Sorry for the slow reply, I was in Cozumel diving last week, just got home Sat night.

Did you spend the week in Cozumel or take a cruise?

Great place and a cool place to scuba dive. 893applaud-thumb.gif

My wife and I are hard-core divers and love Cozumel cloud9.gif This was either our 11th or 12th visit there. We rented a house for the week and it was about 2 blocks from town, so very convenient to everything. Dove with Deep Blue all week (I recommend them if you're looking for a good dive operator in Cozumel, and our favorite divemaster is Gabriel Santana, he's one of those guys who just loves to dive and loves finding all the cool critters for the divers) except for one day that we took the ferry to Playa del Carmen and went to Dos Ojos ceynotes (caves). The ceynote dives were AWESOME. First time we'd done that. My wife took some excellent photos which we'll post on our site soon.