• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone want to grade some BA X-Men for me?

53 posts in this topic

I am lazy and beginning to hate grading books. I have scans of both covers and notes for each.

:baiting:

-slym (this one ought to be fun)

Scanning both covers and taking notes took you longer then just assigning a grade yourself. ???

I am lazy and beginning to hate grading books. I have scans of both covers and notes for each.

:baiting:

-slym (this one ought to be fun)

Scanning both covers and taking notes took you longer then just assigning a grade yourself. ???

:o

Just say you dont know much about comics but guarantee unrestored 9.8 grades

:baiting: (this one ought to be fun)

Scanning takes no brainpower, and the notes are PQ and any interior defects. Grading has to put all of that together, as you well know. And I am not so confident in my mid-range skills, esp. when more than a few issues have back cover staining of varying degree.

If they were all 9.8s, it would be easier. But they aren't

:shrug:

-slym (marks down one 'no")

Scanning takes no brainpower, and the notes are PQ and any interior defects. Grading has to put all of that together, as you well know. And I am not so confident in my mid-range skills, esp. when more than a few issues have back cover staining of varying degree.

-slym (marks down one 'no")

Grading a book a 9.8 is far harder then mid grade stuff. :gossip:

Grading a book a 9.8 is far harder then mid grade stuff. :gossip:

Maybe for you, but I am the opposite.

:)

-slym

If they're BA do they really need accurate detailed grades? I usually sell lots like this just with pics and say 'mid grade' let the pics speak for themselves and describe any defects.

plus since grading is subjective you might fairly list one as 7.5 someone buys it and thinks its a 6.5 then you have that hassle to deal with

Slym if you dont say something about that off topic comment I'm gonna feel slighted for the treasury edition comment....