• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink May Auction

200 posts in this topic

I checked my ComicLink records, and only once out of the last 20 of my winning lots did the winning bid hit right on the money, and that was a low-value bid with a round number ($250 even).

Sounds more like you are bidding with even numbers and/or have some similar people out there with price points within one bid increment of yours.

Wow, the clink OA auction ends tonight and its been 5 days since the last post on this topic. Given the good quality, breadth, and depth of items in this auction, I would have thought there would be more chatter :whatev:

Does ComicLink extend the auction if somebody waits to bid at the last minute?

Is there no point waiting until the end to bid?

What is the strategy to follow?

Bid an hour before auction closes?

I hope no one is bidding on this page, based on the write-up. I may not know much, but I do know the Beast when I see him, and that is the Beast all over this Alan Davis page, not Wolverine as written.

You sir are no Wolverine!

Here is the published image:

Hi, I'm Hank McCoy, nice to meet you ComicLink!

I hope no one is bidding on this page, based on the write-up. I may not know much, but I do know the Beast when I see him, and that is the Beast all over this Alan Davis page, not Wolverine as written.

I am so going after that "alternate reality Wolverine" page

:baiting:

:blush:lol:roflmao:

I am so going after that "alternate reality Wolverine" page

:baiting:

:roflmao:

I mean, they really tried to hammer it home. Mentioning Wolverine no less than three times in that write-up. You'd think between the consignor and all the people at ComicLink, someone at some point would have realized that's not Wolverine!

I sent them the info.. The response was

Thanks, I'll fix that.

Good man, Alex! Thanks. Now the question is, did the erroneous listing have any impact on the bidding. I would think those looking at ComicLink would have enough knowledge to know better, but you never know.