• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TEST YOUR GRADING SKILLS ON THIS HULK #180 CGC'd

31 posts in this topic

Hard to tell with this scan. I opened it in Photoshop but still had difficulty seeing the defects clearly at that resolution. I could make out the lower right corner crease, but the upper right was not clear to me.. maybe the hint of one... CI has an eagle eye.

With what I CAN see on this scan I'll say 8.5 (no guess on PQ)

CGC is tough on that book... I speak from many disappointing experiences... until very recently.

rickdogg, it's a CGC NM- 9.2...nuff said you told us already in previous posts

Seriously? I thought the CGC laid the hammer down on that particular issue, so I was looking for every little problem that the anal CGC graders might find.

My first impression was CGC 8.5 with a way outside chance at 9.0, but I lowered it a bit due to CGC's increased vigilance with Hulk 180. I am a bit surprised that it got a 9.2 though, but like I always say, it's a Grand Canyon between a CGC 9.0-9.2 and the 9.4-9.6 range.

I'm sorry about the scan guys, my home page tends to shrink all of my scans. wink.gif Supapimp, I did revise my post on the thread asking, "what is the lowest grade book you own"... & I mentioned my X-men #100 CGC 8.0 tongue.gif

Now I have a new candidate! CI was very accurate with his grading laugh.gif He pointed out the flaws very well. I just threw you guys off buy saying I just received this from CGC so those that do know my ebay ID wouldn't be able to see my buy history grin.gif

CONGRATS COMICINVESTOR it is a 7.0! I would have graded this a 8.0 or 8.5 but like you said CGC is really anal on this issue wink.gif