• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultra High Grade Sgt. Fury run coming to Pedigree Comics

54 posts in this topic

I've put up a test gallery page for my proposed Green River Pedigree Visual Database, and the first one features Sgt. Fury. Hopefully, as folks become more aware of my project, they will share scans and info on their Green River holdings.

Check these out.....not anywhere near what Doug put up on his wonderful site, but there are still some pretty books here. Jimm94 contributed several books to the first gallery. Thanks Jim!

Let me know what you think.

Red Hook

First completed gallery page for the GRPVD

Nice work, looking real good. 893applaud-thumb.gif

If only we could get one of these for all the major pedigrees. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. But, there are probably a few Sgt. Fury fans out there, so my guess (but I maybe wrong) is that there were more than one buyer (I'll ask Doug when I see him).

The only book I would have been interested in was the #13, and he actually asked me if I thought something in the $4K range was a fair price and I said yes. What I didn't realize, was that it IS the only 9.6, so maybe he should have priced it higher, and let the bidding war begin. But someone is going to be extremely happy with that book.

That said, I believe that there would be very little demand for issues in grades of less than 9.4. Which comes back to my point about supply having some effect on the sale price. If there were multiple copies available, there probably would have been more "bidding" and less "buying".

If you notice, when Key or Ultra-high grade books are listed, they usually sell right away (even if the price is a little high). Most collectors know, that "you snooze you loose" really applies to the seldom offered for sale books.

Nice work, looking real good. 893applaud-thumb.gif

If only we could get one of these for all the major pedigrees. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Thanks guys. Yep, that's the idea. Hopefully this little project will be a model for others to emulate, or do better. The homepage, which is a design wreck right now is at www.darkdesign.com/gr .....I'll be redesigning the whole thing as I get my web skill chops back in shape again.

Assuming that there are 2,400 books tops in the GR collection, my first goal is to get 10% of the collection up with scans, or about 240-250 books. I think I can get that many just from the folks on the boards.

It's all about the information, and making it available. We'll see where it goes. I'll do a post in General soon, and will be calling for scans of books from anyone that wishes to contribute.

Don't force me to fly to SF and beat the 893censored-thumb.gif out of you!

Where is my eye-rolling emoticon when I need it. 893blahblah.gif

sumo.gifsumo.gif

I think you need another hobby. Why didn't you take up a new one when Arch banned you?

Anyways, I'm just waiting for a final confirm tonight/tomorrow morning, and all should be sold.

What a great way to be proven wrong, by selling the books you thought wouldn't have sold. 893applaud-thumb.gif

There is a method to my madness! grin.gif Hopefully I'll be able to give out kudo to some board members, including a very new one, within a few weeks. thumbsup2.gif

Any bites on these books so far, tth?

The deals are done (with 2 forum members, one a long-established member and another a newcomer), the money has been received and the books have been shipped. Jim, many thanks for your help! thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Well, I have to admit there was a little bit of reverse psychology being used in my post. Also, the fact that the prices paid on Doug`s site established a benchmark and I was then able to offer a decent discount to those prices didn`t hurt. wink.gif

I don`t see Furys taking off and spiraling up from momentum from Doug`s sales, though.

Holy Flyin' Furys Batman...er....did anyone notice how EVERY 20-cent Bronze Sgt Fury listed recently on Pedigree sold almost immediately...virtually all for asking price?!?

I'm SO glad I've been able to find quality raw bronze age Furys recently for a WHOLE lot less. cloud9.gif