• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC is on FIRE

3 posts in this topic

I wrote less than a week ago that I managed to make it back into the top 500. A few days later I was bumped out again. Today it would take me over 300 registry points to get back in the top 500 so not only am I dropping I'm plummeting. Based on my budget the only CMA comic I could afford in April would be a 300 registry point comic which wouldn't get me back in the top 500 NOW much less in 3 weeks. If I let my budget accumulate I could afford a 640 registry point comic in May but at the rate I'm dropping that won't even come close.

The moral of the story isn't woe is me. After all there are much better measurements of a collection than registry points but it really shows that CGC's popularity is increasing fast. I'd say it's only a matter of time before I'm pushed out of the top 600. Who would have known there were this many deep pocketed collectors posting there comics on CGC's site. It will be interesting to see how big CGC can get.

See more journals by David Swan

Tell me about it; truly now, if you are not moving forward you are falling behind. I'm dropping steadily and have been for over 3 weeks now. I have over 60 comics either waiting to be graded or en route to Florida, and even with those I know that within 12 months at this rate I'll be right back in my current position.

Oh well, it's worth the effort as it is a great hobby to whittle away the hours.

it's my fault :( I just started collecting CGC'ed books in mass.

I'm ranked 2100 overall !!! I'm coming for ya cheetah !!! muahahahah

only 389798789798789023 points to go !