• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man Tron variant 9.6 question

9 posts in this topic

Can anyone help me get a good idea of the value of ASM 651 Tron variant 9.6?

I'm looking to make a deal but really can't find many recently completed auctions for this book to use as a starting point.

Thanks,

Jason

Well 9.8s sell for 50-70, so I wouldn't think more than 30-40

Where?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=amazing+spider-man+651+tron+variant&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

I certainly wouldn't use Ebay prices as a valid indicator of... well.. anything.

GPA records 2 sales in 2012 for $71 & $57 for 9.8's. Unless someone bought up several thousand copies and burned them, I wouldn't pay more than $80 for a graded 9.6, and that's only if I really REALLY wanted one.

Not to get all "Rick on Pawn Stars" but sellers can ASK what ever they want... Based on GPA records NO ONE is buying at those prices.

And I wouldn't compare the raw market to the slab bed market, they do not always behave in concert. It looks like you are seeing an inflation of vf and Nm- raw books that are available on the market because the few slabbed copies are being put on the market at jacked up prices that no one is interested in paying, thus their only option is to fight over the raw copies that ARE being listed in auctions or at market consumable rates.

Bottom line, when offered in an auction environment, this book sold for between $50-70 as others have said, and been documented in GPA.

Based on GPA records NO ONE is buying at those prices

He linked completed, SOLD auctions that have ended in the last several weeks.

Are you suggesting they are not legitimate sales?

1. not suggesting they werent legit sales.

let me correct myself, I was looking via my phone and the eBay website (as opposed to the mobile ap) was not showing them as sold. (they were'nt colored green) so I assumed they didnt sell at the price, and that only the ones showing bidders had sold. My bad. :facepalm:

So now that Im at the computer here's some info to help determine the current value of the ASM 651 tron variant.

1. A CGC 9.6 went unsold at a $139 price.

2. Two raw copies listed as "NM" sold for $120. Another raw copy (advertised as NM) sold for 70, another $71,

? Maybe the raw buyers dont like slabs, maybe they thought their NM buys could press up to 9.8s.

3. VF and VF/NM raw copies sold in the 50-60-80 range, which supports the $120 price for NM.

So what's your copy worth... well the market wasnt interested in a CGC 9.6 for $139, but they were interested in a raw "NM" copy (theoretically a 9.4 if grading was spot on) for $120, but they were both BINs, which never behave as completely accurate market barometers.

I trust the auction results for the following grades more (since they had multiple bidders they better represent the "market" than a single buyer, who hit a BIN, maybe on impuse, or how ever)

NM/M=$71 (18 bids)

VF/NM=$66 (17 bids)

NM=$60 (18 bids, but signed by artist raw, which often depresses the market value due to the SS presence)

Fn/VF=$46 (13 bids)

(of note a raw VF copy is sitting unpurchased with an $90 BIN)

based on those raw numbers, and a ~$40 cost of slabbing/shipping, maybe the current market for a slabbed CGC 9.6 would be in the $110 range (say $70 raw value plus slabbing)

this would be supported by the fact that the CGC 9.6 went unsold at $140.