• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine Is To Die In 2014!

83 posts in this topic

Who is left to kill from the major marvel players?

Spiderman died twice, Captain America, Xavier, Jean Grey, Torch, Vision...

Has Tony Stark ever been killed off? What about Bruce Banner (not hulk but as Banner)

Has Tony Stark ever been killed off? What about Bruce Banner (not hulk but as Banner)

Invincible Iron Man #10 during the "Dark Reign" events. After Norman Osborne takes power in SHIELD (after he saves the world from the Skrull invasion) he makes Tony the most wanted man in the world, and Tony, to save the world or something, kills himself in a "reboot" of sorts with a few issues of him wandering around in his subconscious...

... What about Bruce Banner (not hulk but as Banner)

I think Incredible Hulk "The End" put the idea that it was impossible to try and kill Banner

(cause he turns into the hulk everytime he's about to die to keep it from happening

)

IN Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe,

Deadpool kills him by beheading him as he sleeps (as Bruce Banner)

Publicity stunt at its worst!

Marvel is probably gonna print 900k copies and flood the market with this .

He'll be back by spring 2015.

His 'death' will trigger a regeneration of his healing factor like when Peter Parker died in the Straczynski Spider-man issues. (The Other storyline)

Invincible Iron Man #10 during the "Dark Reign" events. After Norman Osborne takes power in SHIELD (after he saves the world from the Skrull invasion) he makes Tony the most wanted man in the world, and Tony, to save the world or something, kills himself in a "reboot" of sorts with a few issues of him wandering around in his subconscious...

Tony Stark also "died" on two separate occasions in the 90's. :gossip:

Here's a novel concept that comic publishers never really seem to grasp:

What about investing time and energy into creating new, interesting characters that will help to stimulate new comic book sales instead of constantly re-booting comic series every three years and killing off primary characters every 10 years or so.

Other than Deadpool, have Marvel or DC truthfully developed a new character that has maintained significant popularity over the past 20 years?

Yes. He sacrificed himself and was replaced by a teenaged version of himself. This happened just months prior to the end of the Marvel Universe.

Here's a novel concept that comic publishers never really seem to grasp:

What about investing time and energy into creating new, interesting characters that will help to stimulate new comic book sales instead of constantly re-booting comic series every three years and killing off primary characters every 10 years or so.

Other than Deadpool, have Marvel or DC truthfully developed a new character that has maintained significant popularity over the past 20 years?

The "minor" problem with that is that publishers are corporations, not people (legal B.S. aside). Which means that creators employed by the corporation have to do the investing of time and energy.

Then, if the creators are lucky, they don't die broke while watching the corporation make billions of dollars off of their creation.

I wish we could all boycott this book so that it sends a message to the corporations that this idea is getting old and makes the character less interesting in any circumstance. I.e. wolverine gets cornered by cyber, sabertooth, and magneto. Obv he's gonna live despite the odds because, oh hey, he already died and came back. From what I've seen most characters are immortal. They never age, they never stay dead and the stories tend to repeat.

I'm gonna call myself out before someone else does.

Yes, I do read marvel dc books, but I'm slowly dropping titles after story arcs because of stuff like this. Independent press seems to be a more imaginatively diverse choice at the moment.

Just my humble opinion

Gunnz

I'd like to see less inter-connectivity. Just because it is a Marvel title, doesn't mean it is set in the Marvel Universe. Otherwise, it would just be a countdown until we see Spider-Man, Wolverine, &/or Deadpool guest-starring in the new book.

I read Kick- not long ago, and was surprised it was a Marvel book. I thought for sure it was an Image thing, what with the excessive violence and the 10YO girl swearing like a sailor. That wasn't set in the 616 universe, as K-A was reading Marvel comics.

Skybound titles aren't all in one universe ; Image titles aren't all in one universe. We already know continuity doesn't mean a damn thing anymore.

Sorry... I will / my :signrant: now.

-slym

I'd like to see less inter-connectivity. Just because it is a Marvel title, doesn't mean it is set in the Marvel Universe. Otherwise, it would just be a countdown until we see Spider-Man, Wolverine, &/or Deadpool guest-starring in the new book.

I read Kick- not long ago, and was surprised it was a Marvel book. I thought for sure it was an Image thing, what with the excessive violence and the 10YO girl swearing like a sailor. That wasn't set in the 616 universe, as K-A was reading Marvel comics.

Skybound titles aren't all in one universe ; Image titles aren't all in one universe. We already know continuity doesn't mean a damn thing anymore.

Sorry... I will / my :signrant: now.

-slym

+1

He'll definitely die for good.......................

Oh absolutely! Wolverine as a character is bankrupt. No chance at all Marvel will have him back in his leotard in a year or two after his death. Just won't happen.

He'll definitely die for good.......................

Like he did when the Hulk ate him....yeah,right.Logan can never,ever EVER stay dead.He is cursed.By Mephisto.or whoever.

Now everyone fight.