• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOLD! 1944 War Department rare propaganda book INVISIBLE WEAPON

8 posts in this topic

This is a rare propaganda book published by the U.S. War Department titled INVISIBLE WEAPON for the purpose of support of the arming of U.S.-allies via lend-lease. 32 pages with cardstock cover. Printed in 1944. 4" x 5.25"

This book has some of the most fantastic WWII-era propaganda illustrations I've yet seen in a printed publication. Every page has fantastic design in white, black and red with hyperbolic slogans and visuals. Rare book.

$60 postpaid to U.S., $65 postpaid to Canada, contact me about shipping elsewhere. :takeit: takes it

img_107_zps14ebb8f1.jpg

img_108_zps8f0efe7f.jpg

IMG_7316_zpsd04c0452.jpg

IMG_7317_zps3b4a0f37.jpg

IMG_7315_zps788a6b1a.jpg

IMG_7314_zps7c37c199.jpg

IMG_7312_zpscbb2be96.jpg

IMG_7311_zps0d7aae27.jpg

IMG_7310_zps236e7be9.jpg

IMG_7309_zps454b99a5.jpg

Paul, why the «We were in danger! What should we do?» is phrased at the past, if the booklet is from 1944?

Awesome booklet, I have some in Italian from the same period which were issued to show italians how well war prisoners were treated in the US and to promote american culture. :)

Paul, why the «We were in danger! What should we do?» is phrased at the past, if the booklet is from 1944?

Good question... I checked the book and the page following the one you mentioned refers to the signing of the Lend-Lease act in 1941. I checked the book and it is dated 1944.

Ah, so the Lend-Lease act (checked now) was meant as a response to the supposedly threatening elements (for the US) prior to Pearl Harbor?

It’s more or less the same size of the booklets I have (in italian issued by another US institution, don’t recall the name). This stuff is uncommon, not to say rare (I never saw those I picked before, here in Italy). I’d love to pick this one but I’m pretty much tapped out now… :)

Ah, so the Lend-Lease act (checked now) was meant as a response to the supposedly threatening elements (for the US) prior to Pearl Harbor?

Yes, prior to Pearl Harbor and U.S. involvement, the Lend-Lease act was signed in an effort to aid the UK, China and the USSR against the Axis.

This is a rare propaganda book published by the U.S. War Department titled INVISIBLE WEAPON for the purpose of support of the arming of U.S.-allies via lend-lease. 32 pages with cardstock cover. Printed in 1944. 4" x 5.25"

This book has some of the most fantastic WWII-era propaganda illustrations I've yet seen in a printed publication. Every page has fantastic design in white, black and red with hyperbolic slogans and visuals. Rare book.

$60 postpaid to U.S., $65 postpaid to Canada, contact me about shipping elsewhere. :takeit: takes it

img_107_zps14ebb8f1.jpg

img_108_zps8f0efe7f.jpg

IMG_7316_zpsd04c0452.jpg

IMG_7317_zps3b4a0f37.jpg

IMG_7315_zps788a6b1a.jpg

IMG_7314_zps7c37c199.jpg

IMG_7312_zpscbb2be96.jpg

IMG_7311_zps0d7aae27.jpg

IMG_7310_zps236e7be9.jpg

IMG_7309_zps454b99a5.jpg

:takeit: per PM