• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Outcast - Kirkman & Azaceta

1,088 posts in this topic

Artwork for issue 2 is up and boy is it pricey! (nothing from #1)

http://www.cadencecomicart.com/artist.php?artist=61

:sick::sick::sick:

... that's crazy. Fairly average talking heads $450 - $600 from a series that isn't even out of its diapers yet.

Yikes! I'd like a nice Foolkiller MAX page of his but none of them are on there, he's pretty pricey across the board

Just wait, it's going to get worse before it gets better. I was told some pages are not for sale so the creators can see sales numbers 1st from another series. Seems the comic bubble is contagious.

Just wait, it's going to get worse before it gets better. I was told some pages are not for sale so the creators can see sales numbers 1st from another series. Seems the comic bubble is contagious.

Sorry, do you mean the sales numbers from other issue(s) of Outcast, the next arc? I still think the pricing is incredibly bold ... not taking anything away from the direction or the artist, just my personal opinion as a collector when I look at what else $450 - $600 can buy on the market.

There's no reason not to see where Outcast goes with its story for a while. It's still early doors.

Bold pricing indeed-that's a lot of talking heads and a lot of panels per page. The only real justification I can see is the issue number, for a collector to say I have a page from #2.

+1

It tells me that the people holding the art are expecting big things for the series. I don't buy much art so I'm no expert on the subject but I can tell when someone thinks they're sitting on a pot of gold.

Are they waiting for numbers on Wytches? Maybe to see if all supernatural books are hot?

Are they waiting for numbers on Wytches? Maybe to see if all supernatural books are hot?

With Jock doing Wytches, I'm betting there will be high demand for the art.

Sorry, do you mean the sales numbers from other issue(s) of Outcast, the next arc? I still think the pricing is incredibly bold ... not taking anything away from the direction or the artist, just my personal opinion as a collector when I look at what else $450 - $600 can buy on the market.

There's no reason not to see where Outcast goes with its story for a while. It's still early doors.

I am referring to other series yet to be released. I'm proactive that way. ;)

The best deals used to be finding it 1st. Now I suspect the deals will be had more on the secondary market by over zealous primary market buyers.

With Jock doing Wytches, I'm betting there will be high demand for the art.

Other Jock art can be had rather in expensively.

I had gotten lucky with them selling for high prices. People really seem to like and want this book. I hope it continues to do well. I'll keep grading a few...keeping some and selling some. It all comes down to if the story will progress well and the characters are well written. I enjoy it so far, though.

The Outcast OA pricing is silly. If a creator has a ton of confidence in a book and wants to hold out for stupid high prices down the line, then keep the art.

Putting it up for 'sale' at prohibitive prices just burns the art (i.e. why would you pay $600 for a page that's been sitting on a site for a year unsold).

That's crazy. I hate when artists charge crazy money for scenes that are utterly boring. A double splashpage of a cityscape does not warrant you charging an arm & a leg. They may have worked hard on the art but that's their job.

For those prices, I might as well hire John Byrne to draw me a custom piece I'd love.

The Outcast OA pricing is silly. If a creator has a ton of confidence in a book and wants to hold out for stupid high prices down the line, then keep the art.

Putting it up for 'sale' at prohibitive prices just burns the art (i.e. why would you pay $600 for a page that's been sitting on a site for a year unsold).

+1.....really drove me away from the art......from a collectors veiw.

Thought I would check it out and when I did... :sorry:

so whats everyone's take on Outcast # 1 ? would this book be worth getting graded? if it does anything like the walking dead # 1 then this book will be worth a pretty penny in a few months to a year. i guess that might be also based on IF kirkman finally produces an Outcast TV show on cinemax as what was planned.

so whats everyone's take on this new Kirkman series? would this # 1 would worth grading? walking dead # 1 as everyone knows is going for close to $2k last time i checked.

Yep, everyone knows. That's why there are like 75,000 copies of Outcast 1 lol