• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Outcast - Kirkman & Azaceta

1,088 posts in this topic

I have to confess I had mixed feelings about this title at the beginning, I actually didnt believe in it.

I thought the show was a hoax, Kirkman trying to flex his muscles and come with another "Walking Dead". In the back of my head my X-Men #1 1991 senses were tingling, but I bought 10 copies and went with it.

Now it's really turning to be a show. Its happening!

First of all we already went through the initial 9.8 phase. Those first few 9.8s that hit the bay were proof that people DID pay largely to obtain copies. To the tune of 200+ dollars. That's proof enough that people would pay money for this book given some sort of hype. It will happen again

Secondly, the print run.. Its like the hand that keeps on giving.. Its up to 6 reprints now. Wow - people are DEMANDING this book. i know, 85k is large, but if the comic book market is experiencing a resurgence and re-modernization with a new audience and new demographics, this can certainly be considered a small print run for a successful title in the near future

I am definitely holding on to this book for the long run. I think it will appreciate handsomely once the show airs and becomes a success. Who knows if it would be another walking dead. But its a Kirkman, and that seems to work well for the masses now!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=59255

http://www.skybound.com/outcast-pilot-officially-picked-up/

Outcast Pilot Officially Picked Up!

Feb 12, 2015 / Lizzy Iverson / Category: Outcast by Kirkman and Azaceta, TV, TV/FILM

We have a super cool announcement for fans of OUTCAST BY KIRKMAN & AZACETA! Or anyone who enjoys horror television or THE WALKING DEAD!

Fox International Channels and Cinemax have announced that OUTCAST is being picked up! After getting a look at the pilot they have decided in their wisdom to order a full 10 episodes.

I'm waiting for the buzz to build...raw #1 goes for about $8.00....may be the time to buy instead of sell, slabs are pretty cheap.

True, but it probably won't last long before they skyrocket.

I only have a single copy of each, so I honestly will just probably keep them.

I don't buy it any longer though. It never hooked me.

I'm waiting for the buzz to build...raw #1 goes for about $8.00....may be the time to buy instead of sell, slabs are pretty cheap.

Theres been a lot of movement on this book.. Constantly.. Sometimes thats a better sign than just having 2 or 3 books selling for over average occasionally

What really caught my eye was where the article mentions the Clone TV show. Is it back on or do you think whoever through together the press release wasn't updated?

Did you mean Thief of Thieves, not Clone?

"Outcast" is Kirkman's third project headed to the small screen, alongside "The Walking Dead" and "Thief of Thieves," which is in development at AMC. He also has a television spinoff of "The Walking Dead" in the works.