• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Outcast - Kirkman & Azaceta

1,088 posts in this topic

Book is selling like crazy.. This is like the 3rd resurgence for this book..

When the show airs it will definitely be a 30-40.00/Raw book.. If the show does good it will prolly double..

Sell half your stock now, and buy cheap again when its forgotten in a few months..

Example: I went to Midtown to pick my books last week Wednesday.. Ive noticed they had half a dozen Outcasts #1 signed By Azaceta.. now, mind you, I have 50 copies at home (not signed), but at $6.00 a pop I couldnt resist buying them all.

Sold them all in the past couple of days for $25-45 each

When the show airs it will definitely be a 30-40.00/Raw book.. If the show does good it will prolly double..

Sell half your stock now, and buy cheap again when its forgotten in a few months..

Hope you're right about it being a $30-40 book raw in time. I'm remembering how many copies were damaged right out of the box as every shop I went to that day, the % of 9.8's compared to other books with that print run has to be quite low. I ended up with 10 copies that would grade 9.8 and a few 9.6's.

Normally I'd flip half of mine now (sold my Strain #1's too early), but I figure with Philly WW a few months away I'm gonna just slab em onsite and then sell some when the show airs.

Well…it's getting better at least. I'm still kinda hoping for that ROI that The Walking Dead #1 did…I know…so is everyone else...good luck... :wishluck:

Print run of 80000 vs print run of 7000. Game over.

Agreed.

No chance.

There's never going to be another WD.

Yep, I'm a negative Nancy, haha.

There is another

Master Yoda ? :o

I think this book would be higher already if not for all of the other stuff happening at the same time. Within a 2 week window we've had major announcements pertaining to Spider-man/Civil War/Avengers, Enormous, Outcast, and Spider-Gwen/Silk arrive this week and next week. It has been raining good news imo. :grin:

I think this book would be higher already if not for all of the other stuff happening at the same time. Within a 2 week window we've had major announcements pertaining to Spider-man/Civil War/Avengers, Enormous, Outcast, and Spider-Gwen/Silk arrive this week and next week. It has been raining good news imo. :grin:

Are you sure you didn't have all this planned in advance? It is your favorite comic book month. :ohnoez:

Hope you're right about it being a $30-40 book raw in time. I'm remembering how many copies were damaged right out of the box as every shop I went to that day, the % of 9.8's compared to other books with that print run has to be quite low. I ended up with 10 copies that would grade 9.8 and a few 9.6's.

Normally I'd flip half of mine now (sold my Strain #1's too early), but I figure with Philly WW a few months away I'm gonna just slab em onsite and then sell some when the show airs.

Can we please stop saying _______ is rare and/or hard to find in high grade.

Will the show have more than a couple million fans watching on the low side? - I'd say so

Of those couple million fans or more can we find less than 80k of them who would like to own a #1 comic book that the show is based off of? - I don't think its a stretch at all.

hm

Will the show have more than a couple million fans watching on the low side? - I'd say so

Of those couple million fans or more can we find less than 77 k of them who would like to own a #1 comic book that the show is based off of? - I don't think its a stretch at all.

hm

I don't know a single person who has Cinemax. I'm not sure people are factoring that in... Who the hell watches Cinemax period, let alone Cinemax original content. I know many channels are pushing to make original content to draw viewers (they see the writing on the wall with regard to how content will be sold and delivered in the near future), but Cinemax may have more trouble than most.

If this show was going to air on HBO... I can't imagine what that would do to the price and demand.

Of those couple million fans or more can we find less than 77 k of them who would like to own a #1 comic book that the show is based off of? - I don't think its a stretch at all.

hm

I don't know a single person who has Cinemax. I'm not sure people are factoring that in... Who the hell watches Cinemax period, let alone Cinemax original content. I know many channels are pushing to make original content to draw viewers (they see the writing on the wall with regard to how content will be sold and delivered in the near future), but Cinemax may have more trouble than most.

If this show was going to air on HBO... I can't imagine what that would do to the price and demand.

Its not hard to watch shows over the internet and not have the tv channel subscription just saying.