• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Outcast - Kirkman & Azaceta

1,088 posts in this topic

Will the show have more than a couple million fans watching on the low side? - I'd say so

Of those couple million fans or more can we find less than 77 k of them who would like to own a #1 comic book that the show is based off of? - I don't think its a stretch at all.

hm

I don't know a single person who has Cinemax. I'm not sure people are factoring that in... Who the hell watches Cinemax period, let alone Cinemax original content. I know many channels are pushing to make original content to draw viewers (they see the writing on the wall with regard to how content will be sold and delivered in the near future), but Cinemax may have more trouble than most.

If this show was going to air on HBO... I can't imagine what that would do to the price and demand.

Everybody I know has Cinemax but everybody I know is late 20's to early 50's. (shrug)

Will the show have more than a couple million fans watching on the low side? - I'd say so

Of those couple million fans or more can we find less than 77 k of them who would like to own a #1 comic book that the show is based off of? - I don't think its a stretch at all.

hm

I don't know a single person who has Cinemax. I'm not sure people are factoring that in... Who the hell watches Cinemax period, let alone Cinemax original content. I know many channels are pushing to make original content to draw viewers (they see the writing on the wall with regard to how content will be sold and delivered in the near future), but Cinemax may have more trouble than most.

If this show was going to air on HBO... I can't imagine what that would do to the price and demand.

Its not hard to watch shows over the internet and not have the tv channel subscription just saying.

Of course - I'm sure those same people also have a huge budget to buy expensive comic books. I bet they go out and buy the Blu-ray release of the shows after they download them too.

hm

Everybody I know has Cinemax but everybody I know is late 20's to early 50's. (shrug)

I'm in my mid-30s and only know three people that still have cable television. Most of the people I know, including myself, have cut the cable.

hm

I'm in my mid-30s and only know three people that still have cable television. Most of the people I know, including myself, have cut the cable.

I would lose my mind lol

hm

I would lose my mind lol

Very much a confirmation bias thing on an individual level, but the high level view can not be denied - how people acquire and consume content is changing. Tons of articles being written about it. Sling TV is a 'thing' now, and HBO GO will be available stand alone soon as well - those moves wouldn't be made if the trend wasn't clear.

hm

I would lose my mind lol

Very much a confirmation bias thing on an individual level, but the high level view can not be denied - how people acquire and consume content is changing. Tons of articles being written about it. Sling TV is a 'thing' now, and HBO GO will be available stand alone soon as well - those moves wouldn't be made if the trend wasn't clear.

I agree but I found this that states the pay channels are recently gaining ground. Its a year old but I think within the time frame that would matter.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/22/5334134/hbo-and-showtime-deny-subscribers-are-leaving-for-netflix

Cinemax has over 20 million viewers. Not too shabby.

When ever I I go to look at HBO on my guide Cinemax is next to it.

Here's some shows that are on almost every night:

1. Bikini girls are wild

2. Jurassic Pork

3. Bikini girls are wild too

4. Edward :censored: hands

5. Bikini girls are wild three

6 . The sexican

7. Bikini girls : still wild

It'll be interesting to see what happens! I know when I had Cinemax, I typically had it because it came in an HBO package.

Showtime and HBO gained audience, I think, because of original programming. Just like AMC, but they sort of had an advantage to being in many houses already since they were a standard channel.

Not sure how I'll watch Outcast when it gets on air.

It'll be interesting to see what happens! I know when I had Cinemax, I typically had it because it came in an HBO package.

Showtime and HBO gained audience, I think, because of original programming. Just like AMC, but they sort of had an advantage to being in many houses already since they were a standard channel.

I'd be willing to bet they make the pilot episode available on the net for sure once it airs. All the major networks do this.

..and Cinemax increased by roughly 20%. I think you'll be able to get Cinemax the same way we get HBO go (which I use on vacation for Game of Thrones lol ). I just hate signing in and out of things all of the time. I'm lazy. Haha ! Anyway, we need to figure some way for you to see it. With all of the ingenious minds on here, I'm sure somebody will figure it out. (thumbs u

I'd be willing to bet they make the pilot episode available on the net for sure once it airs. All the major networks do this.

Perhaps. But no way I'd pick up a $150 cable bill to watch it monthly. Be nice to see a season pass for the show on Amazon Prime or something of that sort - $20 for a season pass.

Perhaps. But no way I'd pick up a $150 cable bill to watch it monthly. Be nice to see a season pass for the show on Amazon Prime or something of that sort - $20 for a season pass.

If it was just that, I'd agree but I have boxing on HBO and Showtime that I couldn't live without ( I'd give up my comics first haha ), movies on Starz and Cinemax, my news channels, kids TV, Netflix and Hulu all at the click of a button. No passwords, no depending on weather, no ... lol

I told you, I'm lazy. :cloud9:

You can have pretty much all of that without cable! The people I know that still have it, have it for live sports - mostly the NFL.

As for the whole password thing - get a Roku or a Blu-ray player that can store all of that information for you. You sign in once, and it holds your sessions. There is some up front investment, but it is much cheaper than a cable subscription.

Netflix has so many shows for children it isn't even funny, but for sports... I don't know. If you need to see it live you're short of hosed unless you go with the new Sling TV, but I haven't tried that out yet so I don't know how good it is.

Next year it should be even easier; right now we're paying someone for the use of their HBO GO account, but once we sign up for our own we will only be spending something like $35 month on "television" services. That'll bump up another $20 a month if we try Sling TV.

You can have pretty much all of that without cable! The people I know that still have it, have it for live sports - mostly the NFL.

As for the whole password thing - get a Roku or a Blu-ray player that can store all of that information for you. You sign in once, and it holds your sessions. There is some up front investment, but it is much cheaper than a cable subscription.

Netflix has so many shows for children it isn't even funny, but for sports... I don't know. If you need to see it live you're short of hosed unless you go with the new Sling TV, but I haven't tried that out yet so I don't know how good it is.

Next year it should be even easier; right now we're paying someone for the use of their HBO GO account, but once we sign up for our own we will only be spending something like $35 month on "television" services. That'll bump up another $20 a month if we try Sling TV.

Okay, I'll do a little research. Thanks (thumbs u

if people want to watch the show, they'll watch it..whether it's only on in Russia at 3am every 3rd Sunday or a pay channel like Cinemax.

Most people won't go through extra effort to watch something in most cases... unless it becomes a cultural phenomenon. It took Game of Thrones three seasons to get there, but when it did, it became the most downloaded show to date.

I want to watch Outcast, but I probably won't go out of my way too much to do so, but then, maybe most will be more proactive about it than me.

We'll know for sure when the numbers come in.