• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Outcast - Kirkman & Azaceta

1,088 posts in this topic

how hard would it be for Cinemax to migrate Outcast over to HBO

I know nothing about how these deals are structured, I just know Cinemax is an HBO company which is a Time Warner company. I imagine they're structured and run relatively separately, so I doubt this is likely, but it is all pure speculation on my part.

I imagine if they could have gotten it on HBO, they would have - the difference in prestige between HBO and Cinemax, and therefore anticipation for a new show, is basically off the charts in HBO's favor.

how hard would it be for Cinemax to migrate Outcast over to HBO

I know nothing about how these deals are structured, I just know Cinemax is an HBO company which is a Time Warner company. I imagine they're structured and run relatively separately, so I doubt this is likely, but it is all pure speculation on my part.

I imagine if they could have gotten it on HBO, they would have - the difference in prestige between HBO and Cinemax, and therefore anticipation for a new show, is basically off the charts in HBO's favor.

Imagine if HBO didnt pass on Preacher :cry:

if people want to watch the show, they'll watch it..whether it's only on in Russia at 3am every 3rd Sunday or a pay channel like Cinemax.

(thumbs u

2011: Amazon doing original content? Really? That's just :screwy:

2015: Award winning, well known shows.

If it's good, it'll be watched.

I personally think it being on Cinemax is a non-issue. Off the top of my head I know that 'The Knick' and 'Banshee' have done pretty well. The Knick in particular had a pretty huge following last I was hearing about it.

I also think some here may under estimate the number of people who acquire all their media through "unscrupulous" means. Granted I'm not sure how much that does to keep a show on the air, but it does help build a following.

HBO is obviously miles ahead, but I don't think it being on Cinemax is a bad omen. 2c .

You can have pretty much all of that without cable! The people I know that still have it, have it for live sports - mostly the NFL.

As for the whole password thing - get a Roku or a Blu-ray player that can store all of that information for you. You sign in once, and it holds your sessions. There is some up front investment, but it is much cheaper than a cable subscription.

Netflix has so many shows for children it isn't even funny, but for sports... I don't know. If you need to see it live you're short of hosed unless you go with the new Sling TV, but I haven't tried that out yet so I don't know how good it is.

Next year it should be even easier; right now we're paying someone for the use of their HBO GO account, but once we sign up for our own we will only be spending something like $35 month on "television" services. That'll bump up another $20 a month if we try Sling TV.

Okay, I'll do a little research. Thanks (thumbs u

Get yourself a good pop-up blocker then go to http://www.firstrows.eu/

ANY SPORT you want to see you can catch live...THIS helped me to cut the cable cord (thumbs u

this thread was dead for 2 months until the announcement. I don't see much upward momentum but the wishful thinking is nice.

I'm going to have to agree with you on that.... i can't remember the last time i saw any activity in here.

Well hopefully something good does come from this.

10 episodes for a first season was ordered ahead of airing the pilot. I'd say that is big news. (shrug)

Agreed - huge news anyway you look at it. This book, despite it's print run, has a better chance of still being worth something in 6 months than Enormous does, and that thread had stayed relatively active before blowing up with Tim's announcement.

I think Enormous is a better book in almost every way, but it doesn't have Kirkman and a rock solid television air date.

Having a Kirkman TV show is big news. Its as close a guarantee for a hit show as youll ever get. No surprises here. The only thing that was a factor up until now was the "Sixth Gun" syndrome. No one was too sure if this will seriously happen. It did.

Stock up on it boys and girls. Im waiting for the market to quiet down so I can (fingers crossed) get more inventory on the cheap and wait for the show to hit

Having a Kirkman TV show is big news. Its as close a guarantee for a hit show as youll ever get. No surprises here. The only thing that was a factor up until now was the "Sixth Gun" syndrome. No one was too sure if this will seriously happen. It did.

Stock up on it boys and girls. Im waiting for the market to quiet down so I can (fingers crossed) get more inventory on the cheap and wait for the show to hit

a9ed842f739e930dc8e9340bafbbaeaf77994c50c74fc6a86b046b54cb9b2c59.jpg

a9ed842f739e930dc8e9340bafbbaeaf77994c50c74fc6a86b046b54cb9b2c59.jpg

:banana: