• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Outcast - Kirkman & Azaceta

1,088 posts in this topic

So, I should go ahead and send my last copies of #1 & 2 to CGC now, that way I'll have them back (hopefully!) before the feeding frenzy!

(:

-slym

no brainer.. unless you can get them signed & witnessed before

Anyone have a line or the next signing/appearance for Kirkman with (without) Azaceta?

10 episodes for a first season was ordered ahead of airing the pilot. I'd say that is big news. (shrug)

Agreed - huge news anyway you look at it. This book, despite it's print run, has a better chance of still being worth something in 6 months than Enormous does, and that thread had stayed relatively active before blowing up with Tim's announcement.

I think Enormous is a better book in almost every way, but it doesn't have Kirkman and a rock solid television air date.

+1

While I like Enormous, I think Outcast has much better potential due to Kirkman. It will be interesting to see if it actually gets produced by Fox, and if it does, how long it lasts.

So, I should go ahead and send my last copies of #1 & 2 to CGC now, that way I'll have them back (hopefully!) before the feeding frenzy!

(:

-slym

no brainer.. unless you can get them signed & witnessed before

Anyone have a line or the next signing/appearance for Kirkman with (without) Azaceta?

Kirkman..most likely SDCC and NYCC only

Azaceta ... C2E2(confirmed) and most likely NYCC

nice description, not even a hint of a grade though.

They are all ebay NM/M then. lol

Was there an issue of this book in January? I picked up my books but didn't see it.

#6 came out in December. #7 is due in March.

Has anyone read the first arc (1-6)? Pretty sure I have only read up to #3.

I have. I'd give it about 3/5 stars. Entertaining enough to keep you going but nothing that I'd consider groundbreaking or life changing.

As I read I find myself using WD as the measuring stick and that is a tough act to follow. One criticism I would have is that in WD Kirkman does a much better job of developing his characters (Carl's instincts, Rick's integrity, Shane's erratic and emotion based decisions). Aside from the Pastor, whom is the most well developed character, I'm having a hard time figuring out what motivates Kyle. For the first arc at least, he seems to be traveling/having flashbacks to all the possessions and exorcisms that have and are taking place around him. No massive cliff-hanger at the end of #6, but I won't hesitate to pick up #7. It has potential, but I don't think its quite at the level of WD just yet.

I'd have to think hard about a comic that actually changed my life.

X-Men 129-142. If I hadn't read that run when I was 11-12, I probably wouldn't be spending the hours I spend involved in the hobby today.

That run is the gold standard. 5/5, 10/10, whatever scale you want to use. It is the end of the measuring stick that all story lines should be compared to. With that in mind, I'd put Walking Dead at 4.5/5.0. It's awfully good.

I wonder if CGC will label the most recent issue "Carl gets laid".

I'd have to think hard about a comic that actually changed my life.

X-Men 129-142. If I hadn't read that run when I was 11-12, I probably wouldn't be spending the hours I spend involved in the hobby today.

That run is the gold standard. 5/5, 10/10, whatever scale you want to use. It is the end of the measuring stick that all story lines should be compared to. With that in mind, I'd put Walking Dead at 4.5/5.0. It's awfully good.

I wonder if CGC will label the most recent issue "Carl gets laid".

I wasn't that young when I read those, but I really enjoyed them. I got a couple of them autographed by Chris Claremont.

I know this is modern, but I felt the same way when I first picked up HFH, Nova, Conan, and Kamandi.