• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MegaCon, April 10-12, 2015

207 posts in this topic

Terrific buying show for me. After doing the Sea World thing on Saturday, I decided to drive back to Orlando on Sunday knowing there were still books in the room to be bought. And boy, were there. Of course, unlike a lot of the heavy hitters, I'm looking to connect on singles and doubles, while some other folks (who were, consequently, disappointed with the show) are swinging for the fences.

As for attendance, I was nothing short of shocked at the number of people on both Friday and Sunday at this show. Despite the extra hall, and the extra wide aisles, the show was jammed all the way until closing time on Sunday. Don't know what the attendance figures were, but its as busy a comic show as I've ever been to. Most of the dealers reported the same; lots of traffic, lots of sales. Hopefully, the date change next year doesn't put a damper on what has been an impressive string of successive outings for this show in the 14 years I've attended.

Ran into the usual motley crew of Boardies and Forumites, and looking to meet more of you on the convention circuit this summer!

Been wanting to come for years.............might have to try next year

Terrific buying show for me. After doing the Sea World thing on Saturday, I decided to drive back to Orlando on Sunday knowing there were still books in the room to be bought. And boy, were there. Of course, unlike a lot of the heavy hitters, I'm looking to connect on singles and doubles, while some other folks (who were, consequently, disappointed with the show) are swinging for the fences.

As for attendance, I was nothing short of shocked at the number of people on both Friday and Sunday at this show. Despite the extra hall, and the extra wide aisles, the show was jammed all the way until closing time on Sunday. Don't know what the attendance figures were, but its as busy a comic show as I've ever been to. Most of the dealers reported the same; lots of traffic, lots of sales. Hopefully, the date change next year doesn't put a damper on what has been an impressive string of successive outings for this show in the 14 years I've attended.

Ran into the usual motley crew of Boardies and Forumites, and looking to meet more of you on the convention circuit this summer!

According to yesterday's Sun sentinel, which is our newspaper here in South florida. They claimed there was about 61,000 people in attendance for saturday... not sure about the other days though

To those who ran subs through on-site this year:

Too harsh

Too lenient

Just right

?

think just about right but lean towards harsh. Their overall grading is pretty Harsh right now. Had some stuff primed for CPR and came back lower grades.

Too harsh

Too lenient

Just right

?

think just about right but lean towards harsh. Their overall grading is pretty Harsh right now. Had some stuff primed for CPR and came back lower grades.

Had 14 books on site graded. 3 I thought for sure were 9.8 but came back 9.6's and I thought another was 9.0 came back 9.2. For the most part all came back close to what was estimated. I was disappointed w/ the 9.6's but I'll take'em.

Buy the book Not the label is for sure, these 9.6's look as good or better than some 9.8's I've had.

On a side note I met numerous boardies at the con and with out exception every one was great! :whee:

When I get a couple more minutes I will relay couple of things I witnessed.

Does anyone know if Stan Lee collectables (or Stan's handlers) are on the boards?

Thanks for the info. Weighing on-site versus regular subbing for WW Chicago.

Especially interesting on those CPRs as I have some I'm holding for August.

What age(s) were the comics and how much of a decrease?

Their overall grading is pretty Harsh right now. Had some stuff primed for CPR and came back lower grades.

They were extremely tight earlier in the year. They've loosened up a bit now.

Too harsh

Too lenient

Just right

?

Had 14 books on site graded. 3 I thought for sure were 9.8 but came back 9.6's and I thought another was 9.0 came back 9.2. For the most part all came back close to what was estimated. I was disappointed w/ the 9.6's but I'll take'em.

Buy the book Not the label is for sure, these 9.6's look as good or better than some 9.8's I've had.

On a side note I met numerous boardies at the con and with out exception every one was great! :whee:

When I get a couple more minutes I will relay couple of things I witnessed.

Does anyone know if Stan Lee collectables (or Stan's handlers) are on the boards?

i submitted in 7 last saturday, 3 were already graded and being signed. I'm hoping they maintain their grades.... they werent in a rush with my books because i told them to simply ship them back to my location.