• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The NEW Official "Hey These Scores Need Fixing" thread

76 posts in this topic

Also, New 52 Batman #29 looks to have a problem with the "We Can Be Hero's Variant". My particular book #0232921003 says "Sketch cover" at the top while others have the title "We Can Be Hero's Variant". Aren't these the same book?

The Batman 29 blank is just a regular blank. It does not have the "We can be heroes" banner on the book, so it should be listed as a regular blank cover.

I know but I don't think their is a "We Can Be Heroes". I think they are all just standard blank sketch covers. I've looked and can't find a book with that banner. A person even has a CGC set that has a scan of his "We Can Be Heroes" book that's its in that slot and looks like a standard blank cover. My book was accepted but a slot got added call "Sketch Cover". I think there is just a "Blank" cover and no "We Can Be Heroes" cover.

Also, New 52 Batman #29 looks to have a problem with the "We Can Be Hero's Variant". My particular book #0232921003 says "Sketch cover" at the top while others have the title "We Can Be Hero's Variant". Aren't these the same book?

The Batman 29 blank is just a regular blank. It does not have the "We can be heroes" banner on the book, so it should be listed as a regular blank cover.

I know but I don't think their is a "We Can Be Heroes". I think they are all just standard blank sketch covers. I've looked and can't find a book with that banner. A person even has a CGC set that has a scan of his "We Can Be Heroes" book that's its in that slot and looks like a standard blank cover. My book was accepted but a slot got added call "Sketch Cover". I think there is just a "Blank" cover and no "We Can Be Heroes" cover.
are you talking about the covers that have this banner on them

JUSTL_Cv12_WeCnBeHroes.jpg

Yes, Batman #29 doesn't have one of those. Just a standard blank sketch-able cover.

Yes, Batman #29 doesn't have one of those. Just a standard blank sketch-able cover.
ok' i just look through the blanks that i have and the batman "we ca be heroes" blank cover is only on Batman #0 book Batman #29 is a regular blank cover.

Batman #0

1215881_ful.jpg

Exactly, so the registry just needs merged or corrected. I guess it would just be labeled a "Blank Cover" although I've seen one graded that is a standard blank cover and is mislabeled because it says on the case "We Can Be Heroes Variant".

ok' i just look through the blanks that i have and the batman "we ca be heroes" blank cover is only on Batman #0 book Batman #29 is a regular blank cover.

Batman #0

1215881_ful.jpg

Batman #29.... We are going to remove the We Can Be Heroes and it will be called Sketch Edition. Your book will still be valid for the Sketch Edition slot if it is labeled "We Can Be Heroes." If you would like you can send it in for a re-holder. Please contact customer service 877-662-6642 to do so.

Thanks,

Nicole

Sgt. Fury 5 and $.30 and $.35 variants are underscored. :grin: I really think the entire Sgt. Fury and HHC set from issue 20 and up to the final issue 167 should be reevaluated for higher scoring. The later issues are selling from $75 to $150 (and up) for grades 9.4 to 9.6, with only 30 to 90 registry points being awarded for those grades since issue 101. Some 9.8's since issue 101 are selling for $200 plus (and some in the $300 range), with only 80 to 144 registry being points awarded. (thumbs u

I see that the price variants have been separated which is awesome!!!! Great work!!

Now...I don't believe the point value's have been addressed yet. The following are some relatively recent GPA values outlining the need for the value jump!!

Sgt Fury #5 in CGC 6.0 -----$200

Not many of these variants out there, so sales are sporadic and sparse...

Sgt Fury #133 30 cent variant in CGC 5.5-----$104

Sgt Fury #134 30 cent variant in CGC 6.5-----$76

Sgt Fury #134 30 cent variant in CGC 9.6-----$300

I know Sgt. Fury isn't one of the super hot SA books, but the value has still been steadily increasing.

Hello,

I would really appreciate All Select Comics #2-#8, Captain America Comics #33, #37, #46, and all USA Comics from #6-14. These all sell at multiple of guides.

Thanks!

Jeff

Hello Gemma,

This is in regards to the Octagon editions for the Chaos Comics registry sets.

Here's the link to one that just sold (I bought it actually):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301190918453?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Here is the item number (ebay item# 301190918453)

Octagon covers are the most coveted books - they are original sketch covers and only 8 were made per a set - They sell on ebay for as much as 1300.00 dollars which is pretty good for a Modern Era book.

I have a handful of them but I've only received a handful of points for them. For example - in my Lady Death Registry set I received only 20 points for a CGC 9.8 Octagon cover (cert#0197351003 ) That's Freaking ridiculous! Please reevaluate those Chaos! Octagon books - they are worth far more than any other variant or Onyx Edition as far as Chaos books go. .Thank you for your support.

Waylon

Hello,

I would really appreciate All Select Comics #2-#8, Captain America Comics #33, #37, #46, and all USA Comics from #6-14. These all sell at multiple of guides.

Thanks!

Jeff

What exactly would you appreciate about them?

Hello,

Thanks!

Jeff

What exactly would you appreciate about them?

hm Well, I would appreciate a pedigree set of them but I would settle for their scores to be updated; kinda like the OP's title says. :D

Hello. If I may suggest some score fixin'...

Runaways (2003)

* Issues #14 and #15 are only worth 24 points each (CGC 9.8 Universal). Can we bump those up to 32 points to align with the other issues in the set?

* Likewise, issue #16 is worth 40 points and there's really no reason for it to be worth more than the other issues in the set. Can we bump that one down to 32 points?

* I would suggest bumping issue #3 to 40 points in CGC 9.8 Universal since it's the 1st full appearance of a major character (Old Lace).

* I think 48 points for #1 in CGC 9.8 Universal is a little low. This issue is insanely hard to find in high grade. Raw copies are selling in the $40-$50 range and on the rare occasion a CGC 9.8 copy hits the market, it easily sells in the $180-$250 range.

Hi Gemma,

when can we expect a review on the requests made ?

Best regards,

Peter

Hi,

Every week I am chipping away at these. If you notice there is a status update next to the original list on the first page. One that list is complete I will follow up with the ones added throughout this thread. I have been getting to about 2-3 a week.

If it is as simple as... "This has no points added to it for some reason" that typically gets taken care of within a day or two.

Thanks,

Nicole

Howdy!!!

I have four books that I've put into the Bill Sienkiewicz cover set that need to have registry points applied to them. They are showing 0 points since they are all the first to be registered. The books are:

Comet Man #3

Comet Man #6

Starriors #3

Thing #13

Thank you!!

Hi Gemma,

when can we expect a review on the requests made ?

Best regards,

Peter

Hi,

Every week I am chipping away at these. If you notice there is a status update next to the original list on the first page. One that list is complete I will follow up with the ones added throughout this thread. I have been getting to about 2-3 a week.

If it is as simple as... "This has no points added to it for some reason" that typically gets taken care of within a day or two.

Thanks,

Nicole

Thank you for your reply.