• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MegaCon Report

3 posts in this topic

I wish I had some pics to show everyone, but I didn't have time to do that. Spent Friday and part of Saturday helping John Seeberger run Bob Storms' booth. Was a very successful show and a lot of fun. Unfortunately, John and I have become like the two old guys in the muppets every time we get asked a dumb question about where the ATM is.

We were asked about keys several times, and the impression I got from most folks asking about most books was that they weren't looking for a copy in a specific grade, but rather simply looking for a certain price.

There's a lot of part time dealers out there too, and they are not looking to pay retail for many books. On keys I noticed a lot of aggressive prices, but from the dealer side, I can only say they all seem to sell. Hulk 181s are impossible to keep in, and that was easily the most asked for book, along with things like New Mutants 98 and New Teen Titans 2.

I haven't heard much here on the boards about on site. From what I've gathered, most folks (dealers) had very successful results. I was very pleased myself. Seemed like everyone was able to submit within reason and books were returned with speed and efficiency.

The crowds, as others have mentioned, were pure insanity. So many people it made my head spin. On Saturday, I felt more overwhelmed than I ever have in 20+ years of going to conventions.