• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

35 posts in this topic

Hello All.

This is a sales thread of my Strange Tales books I have picked up during my quest to complete the pre-code run. I am going to start with Issue 28 and work my way down. I am not going to hit all of the issues, but many of the best ones.

No prob buyers, HOS.

Shipping is $9 per slab, $6 raw. Buy multiple items and shipping is free. Shipping is priority within 48hrs of payment.

Payment via paypal/check/mo.

Will ship overseas, will work out shipping, PM me to discuss.

My Kudos Thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6860216#Post6860216

Thanks all.

ST 28 VG+ somewhat tanned, but extremely glossy, with non-color breaking creases across front cover I am certain will press out if this doesn't sell I will send to be pressed slabbed my guess is it comes back 4.0-4.5. (Trying to find my back cover scan.)

Asking $529: SOLD

ST 18 CGC 5.0 simply one of the most difficult books in the run to find and one of the best covers - highest graded is a CGC 7.0 ("D" Copy).

This is tied with 2 other 5.0's as the second highest graded copy. Asking $489. ON HOLD

Strange Tales 11 CGC 6.5, with an awesome date stamp across the exposed skull ("1952") this book holds sentimental value, but a boardie was good enough to sell me a copy I am certain will grade a bit higher. This is another one of the best covers of the run in my opinion and it is of course by the master, Mr. Everett...asking $549. SOLD

The thing is folks, these copies are as good as you will ever find unless you are prepared to pay about fifteen times what Johnny is asking.

Better copies at lower prices will not turn up.

Either you will pay 5k plus for an 8.0 or $500 for a mid-grade copy. Do the math. Buy the books.

I don't know Johnny. I just respect his process. If he has upgrades, believe me they aren't coming easy.

But he's making access easy at ground level, and his prices are fair.

The thing is folks, these copies are as good as you will ever find unless you are prepared to pay about fifteen times what Johnny is asking.

Either you will pay 5k plus for an 8.0 or $500 for a mid-grade copy. Do the math. Buy the books.

I don't know Johnny. I just respect his process. If he has upgrades, believe me they aren't coming easy.

Thanks for the kind words!

We will look back on threads like this with nostalgia, a year from now.

These books should fly out at these prices and those who bought would have a solid investment. The boards - and only the boards - create these situations - rare books on a silver platter.

Agreed absolutely Michael - Johnny knows his stuff on PCH without a doubt !

Agreed absolutely Michael - Johnny knows his stuff on PCH without a doubt !

Quite right Richard.

As for those Venuses :takeit:

We will look back on threads like this with nostalgia, a year from now.

These books should fly out at these prices and those who bought would have a solid investment. The boards - and only the boards - create these situations - rare books on a silver platter.

I do find myself going back through old sales threads from years past, mainly to identify board members I need to harass to sell me their books!

All kidding aside, it is interesting to see what books used to sell for and what they auction for these days.

Sometimes the contrast is immediate. I sold a Mystic 28 CGC 6.0 here a few weeks back for $349 a restored CGC 5.5 just sold in the Sparklecity auction for $240 or so...

Some of these classic cover Atlas books just need to be bought and socked away.