• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

35 posts in this topic

Strange Tales 11 CGC 6.5, with an awesome date stamp across the exposed skull ("1952") this book holds sentimental value, but a boardie was good enough to sell me a copy I am certain will grade a bit higher. This is another one of the best covers of the run in my opinion and it is of course by the master, Mr. Everett...asking $549.

IMG_5334_zps0a5058a3.jpg

:takeit:

Strange Tales 11 CGC 6.5, with an awesome date stamp across the exposed skull ("1952") this book holds sentimental value, but a boardie was good enough to sell me a copy I am certain will grade a bit higher. This is another one of the best covers of the run in my opinion and it is of course by the master, Mr. Everett...asking $549.

IMG_5334_zps0a5058a3.jpg

:takeit:

^^ Thank you sir!

I do find myself going back through old sales threads from years past, mainly to identify board members I need to harass to sell me their books!

All kidding aside, it is interesting to see what books used to sell for and what they auction for these days.

Sometimes the contrast is immediate. I sold a Mystic 28 CGC 6.0 here a few weeks back for $349 a restored CGC 5.5 just sold in the Sparklecity auction for $240 or so...

Some of these classic cover Atlas books just need to be bought and socked away.

Indeed so, which, as you know Chris, is exactly what I'm doing, and your help, along with that of many others on here, is greatly appreciated. I'm almost complete on the Atlases now - and I'm most grateful for everyone's help. These books are just too wonderful not to have.