• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dexter as Daredevil Hmmmmm...

95 posts in this topic

I would rather go for an unknown to play Daredevil.

Marvel and Netflix have way too much riding on this to entrust the one widely known Defenders role to an unknown actor. This series needs to be taken as seriously as possible by all parties involved if they want the industry to shift programming away from network television towards the streaming services. Michael C Hall was the one aspect of Dexter than didn't go to complete mess as that series was coming to an end.

I would rather go for an unknown to play Daredevil.

Marvel and Netflix have way too much riding on this to entrust the one widely known Defenders role to an unknown actor. This series needs to be taken as seriously as possible by all parties involved if they want the industry to shift programming away from network television towards the streaming services. Michael C Hall was the one aspect of Dexter than didn't go to complete mess as that series was coming to an end.

I like Dexter in the role but disagree with everything you said. The shift is already happening.

Michael C Hall was the one aspect of Dexter than didn't go to complete mess as that series was coming to an end.

Is it worth watching past season 4?

My fiance refuses to watch after

Rita was murdered. She really liked that character.

I like Dexter in the role but disagree with everything you said. The shift is already happening.

Its in the infant stages of happening, its hardly the current norm.

As I said, for this to become the way to do things, they need the first endeavors to not be half-assed. That means utilizing legitimate writers, actors and showrunners.

This would be great. Dexter before the last year or two was one of the best shows on tv, period. I still haven't gotten over Rita. Hot chicks should never die. Seriously though, Hall handled the physical stuff as well as the character development.

Michael C Hall was the one aspect of Dexter than didn't go to complete mess as that series was coming to an end.

I watched Dexter from start to finish through it's run on television and seasons 1-2 are some of the best in television history. Seasons 3-4 are very good as well with season 5-8 being optional depending on how much you've become invested in the series after the first 4 seasons. The latter seasons (5-8) the writers have no where to go and start spinning out of control. The series finale is regarded as one of the worst in television history and I can't say I disagree.

P.S. I am all for Michael C. Hall as DD but wouldn't the studios want someone younger? They would want to sign the actor to a long term contract expanding several movies as they tend to do, no?

I watched Dexter from start to finish through it's run on television and seasons 1-2 are some of the best in television history. Seasons 3-4 are very good as well with season 5-8 being optional depending on how much you've become invested in the series after the first 4 seasons. The latter seasons (5-8) the writers have no where to go and start spinning out of control. The series finale is regarded as one of the worst in television history and I can't say I disagree.

P.S. I am all for Michael C. Hall as DD but wouldn't the studios want someone younger? They would want to sign the actor to a long term contract expanding several movies as they tend to do, no?

And this. The last episode was very disappointing.

Its in the infant stages of happening, its hardly the current norm.

As I said, for this to become the way to do things, they need the first endeavors to not be half-assed. That means utilizing legitimate writers, actors and showrunners.

Cable companies are already scrambling to catch up to Netflix and similar platforms. Google is your friend. (thumbs u

Netflix is very open that their primary focus is content which is a great change compared to the ratings driven networks.

A good show always helps more than one that sucks but this is certainly not a make or break scenario.

And this. The last episode was very disappointing.

If only they would film the alternate ending. :cry: