• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Setting up a monthly comic shop in your garage - Would it work?

45 posts in this topic

A guy in Alabama I think outside Mobile runs a comic shop out of a flea market an outdoor flea market I might add. He opens up Wed afternoon along with Sat and Sun. The owners name is Stephen Barrington and was in business for over 20 years. He had a theft last year that was pretty bad I am unsure if he still operates it.

Update looks like according to a facebook page they are back and up in operation.

It sounds like a pretty cool idea, but I would think somebody would complain about it. Maybe you can advertise online and set up sales that way instead of people randomly coming and parking all over.

He schedules appointments. Neighbors wouldn't even know what's going on if a couple people drop by each day to buy books. He'll never pay the rent this way but it's a very low cost way to sell off your collection for maximum price.

It sounds like a pretty cool idea, but I would think somebody would complain about it. Maybe you can advertise online and set up sales that way instead of people randomly coming and parking all over.

He schedules appointments. Neighbors wouldn't even know what's going on if a couple people drop by each day to buy books. He'll never pay the rent this way but it's a very low cost way to sell off your collection for maximum price.

Sadly, in these times, a few people dropping by every day will get noticed by some nosy neighbor and reported to who knows who. If you are lucky, it will be the local police. If unlucky, perhaps Homeland Security.

Sadly, in these times, a few people dropping by every day will get noticed by some nosy neighbor and reported to who knows who. If you are lucky, it will be the local police. If unlucky, perhaps Homeland Security.

Not much to report. Couple people drop by the guy's house on the weekend, go inside and quietly leave an hour or two later. Odds are the neighbors won't even notice.

Not much to report. Couple people drop by the guy's house on the weekend, go inside and quietly leave an hour or two later. Odds are the neighbors won't even notice.

I don't know where you live, but around here, having a few people popping by and leaving on a regular basis will catch someones attention, and next thing you know the gossip will be you are dealing drugs out of your house. Especially if the majority of the people dropping by are males.