• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF #12 Overrated?

40 posts in this topic

Is this the sale of this book a little high?

Considering that there are already 20 copies in the census in 9.0 or higher, plus this copy has:

1) A date stamp on the front cover

2) Looks like a mark in the "A" of the Comic Code

3) A pen "dot" below the #12

I admit the copy looks very nice, but that's a lot of dough.

Thoughts?

That's the one.

thumbsup2.gif

Sorry!!!!

For probably just another $500-700 more, you could get Incredible Hulk #4,5 & 6 in CGC 9.0 all which have slightly lower census numbers and were published before FF #12.

Three Hulks to One Hulk. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I knew I had seen it just recently. `

The 'ole recall comes through again. yay.gif

As soon as I saw the scan, I remembered about this auction. Pretty nice flip, doncha think?

As for the 40, there's no way that is a $600 book. I think it's a pretty loose 9.2.

As for the 40, there's no way that is a $600 book. I think it's a pretty loose 9.2.

I liked it, and thought it was accurately graded. I kept thinking it looks a lot better in my hands then it did in a scan. The faint "crease" near the top left edge is actually a scratch on the holder if I remember right.

Considering I had it on ebay three times before, and on comiclink twice without a sale, the new owner is a little optimistic with his asking price. Then again, the hype in his description is certainly appealing toward the potential movie speculator so who knows? confused-smiley-013.gif

The seller of the # 12 also just paid a record for a CGC 5.0 # 5, and I believe he also bought that 9.0 # 5 that has been sitting on Comiclink for a month or so now. More power to him if he sells them, but I don't know anyone personally who is buying FFs now with the same abandon as earlier this year.

usually the records are months before the opening.. We just never see the movie openng hype attracting buyers. The movie hype occurs way before O[ening Day as buyers try to lock in bargains in advance of the post-opening increase, which, ironically, has alreday happened...

For probably just another $500-700 more, you could get Incredible Hulk #4,5 & 6 in CGC 9.0 all which have slightly lower census numbers and were published before FF #12.

But none of those three books are keys. It comes back to the old argument over quality vs. quantity. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Three Hulks to One Hulk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But none of those three books are keys. It comes back to the old argument over quality vs. quantity.

I consider them all minor keys since they are so early in the Marvel Universe (and there is only six).

Also, and this is just my opinion, but SuperHero vs. SuperHero covers are somewhat overrated. You would swear that there is only a half of dozen of them. But there a lots of them. Not that they aren't cool covers, but I think there is a lot of Hype surrounding them.

But none of those three books are keys. It comes back to the old argument over quality vs. quantity. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I personally think that the whole cross-over thing is highly overrated. What FF 12 really has going for it is the classic cover. It certainly isn't as rare as once thought in high grade (unless a significiant percentage of the 49 unrestored copies in 8.0 or better are resubs) so that doesn't explain it's popularity. $5,500 for a 9.0 seems a little loopy to me. screwy.gif

That's the one.

thumbsup2.gif

Sorry!!!!

How prominently are the FF featured in those Hulk issues? Who wins in the fights between the Hulk and the Thing in Hulk # 4, 5, and 6? Oh wait, now I remember. He doesn't fight the Thing in 4, 5, or 6. He fights a machine and a guy named Mongu, Tyrannus, and the Metal Master.

Hell, if rarity is the goal, screw the Hulk and FF. I'm going to spend my hard earned money on every copy of Buzzy #70!!!

How prominently are the FF featured in those Hulk issues? Who wins in the fights between the Hulk and the Thing in Hulk # 4, 5, and 6? Oh wait, now I remember. He doesn't fight the Thing in 4, 5, or 6. He fights a machine and a guy named Mongu, Tyrannus, and the Metal Master.

Exactly. thumbsup2.gif

These books are not anywhere near being 'keys'.