• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cap first appearance winter solier

231 posts in this topic

hm so i know the movie is due out in a couple days. But Winter Soldier first appearance doesnt really seem to be worth muc it seems.. I dont know i been seeing raws of this book going for like 25 bucks.. CGC diffrent story tho if its a 9.8 cgc, seen one go for 160.. You guys discuss..

hm so i know the movie is due out in a couple days. But Winter Soldier first appearance doesnt really seem to be worth muc it seems.. I dont know i been seeing raws of this book going for like 25 bucks.. CGC diffrent story tho if its a 9.8 cgc, seen one go for 160.. You guys discuss..

14 has traditionally been "the" book from that series, the more valuable, and the significantly harder one to find. The 6 has been gaining steam lately, and jumped a lot after people started posting threads like this, asking which books might go up from the movies.

Also, what's written on the label favors 6, (1st appearance winter soldier), especially to those with no prior interest in the series/character, or knowledge. The variant cover, I think was actually just a 1:1, but it is labeled a variant, so there is that as well.

Both books are going to be gaining steam because of the movie, and with a lot more people having 6's available to sell, plus how its labeled, its likely going to cement itself permanently as a valuable book.

Brubaker's cap run is probably my favourite comic story of all time, certainly in the running. I started reading it in the middle of it being released, and had to collect the back issues before I started reading it.

Right from that time, 14 was always the hardest to find. I have pretty fond memories associated with the series and that book in particular. It was the first year my wife and I were dating, and I choose it as the series to introduce reading comic books to her (she wanted to participate in my hobby).

The one and only time I went to Comicons was that year also. I went to both the Toronto Comicon and Fan Expo, and not a single dealer had 1 copy of the book. (But they had lots of every other issue, including 6).

Even on ebay at that time they were hard to find, they'd come up from time to time but were usually overpriced (though less than they go for now obviously, by a fair bit). I eventually got my copy of the book (a 9.6, maybe 9.8) when my wife went behind my back, contacted my LCS owner, and surprised me with it for my birthday( $25-30ish i think, max $40).

So, I am bias'd due to my personal love and history with the book, and from my personal experience in trying to get a copy. The 6s being valuable is a NEW development, fueled by the CGC label's titling and people with no experience with the series chasing movie gains.

14 is the "1st Bucky as Winter Soldier", even if 6 is the first appearance of the character in the series. It's also, from what I have seen, more rare. Even now, I see there are less of them on ebay than the 6 variants, not even close counting regular 6. (still think that's a 1:1, more A/B cover than a real variant, someone can correct me if I am wrong).

All that being said, if someone is coming to me asking for advice, the 6 likely will stay strong indefinitely, just from CGC's choice of labeling. I am sure it makes lots of people happy too, cause all those 6s that werent worth squat compared to 14, are easy sales now.

I was checking the census on the books, it will be interesting to see how many MORE 6s pile on as its jumped a fair bit. The 14s I doubt will change much, given its long history as the top book from the series, and a decent return.

Brubaker's cap run is probably my favourite comic story of all time, certainly in the running. I started reading it in the middle of it being released, and had to collect the back issues before I started reading it.

Right from that time, 14 was always the hardest to find. I have pretty fond memories associated with the series and that book in particular. It was the first year my wife and I were dating, and I choose it as the series to introduce reading comic books to her (she wanted to participate in my hobby).

The one and only time I went to Comicons was that year also. I went to both the Toronto Comicon and Fan Expo, and not a single dealer had 1 copy of the book. (But they had lots of every other issue, including 6).

Even on ebay at that time they were hard to find, they'd come up from time to time but were usually overpriced (though less than they go for now obviously, by a fair bit). I eventually got my copy of the book (a 9.6, maybe 9.8) when my wife went behind my back, contacted my LCS owner, and surprised me with it for my birthday( $25-30ish i think, max $40).

So, I am bias'd due to my personal love and history with the book, and from my personal experience in trying to get a copy. The 6s being valuable is a NEW development, fueled by the CGC label's titling and people with no experience with the series chasing movie gains.

14 is the "1st Bucky as Winter Soldier", even if 6 is the first appearance of the character in the series. It's also, from what I have seen, more rare. Even now, I see there are less of them on ebay than the 6 variants, not even close counting regular 6. (still think that's a 1:1, more A/B cover than a real variant, someone can correct me if I am wrong).

All that being said, if someone is coming to me asking for advice, the 6 likely will stay strong indefinitely, just from CGC's choice of labeling. I am sure it makes lots of people happy too, cause all those 6s that werent worth squat compared to 14, are easy sales now.

I was checking the census on the books, it will be interesting to see how many MORE 6s pile on as its jumped a fair bit. The 14s I doubt will change much, given its long history as the top book from the series, and a decent return.

The Winter Soldier appears in issue one too.

ca-01-04_zps495436b3.jpg

I agree plenty of room for this book to increase in price.

Wizard Con Friday had all copies in NM at $20-25. Its not a large print run either so that helps.

Print run (shrug)

Plenty on the bay in "excellent" condition.

Seriously though, lots on the bay around $20.

I agree.

When this book was coming out, it was always at the top of my reading pile.

I love this side of Captain America.