• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cap first appearance winter solier

231 posts in this topic

:applause:

So, what you're saying is you didn't :ohnoez: and find the need to get a Captain America #6 The Sixth Gun #1 NOW! :sumo:

The Sixth Gun was off my radar when it was ultra hot (luckily).

I did shell out for a Captain America 6 CGC 9.8, but that was before it became really hot (which was a week ago). I'm going to hold onto my copies, but it is crazy to think I could flip them for about a $200 profit if I re-sold them now!

So, what you're saying is you didn't :ohnoez: and find the need to get a Captain America #6 The Sixth Gun #1 NOW! :sumo:

Comparing a marvel character to a rumored small press hyped up book is A little different. The winter soldier is going to play cap eventually. And with a 9 movie deal and only 20,000 of each cover how soft do you really think this book will be? It will go up and down but come new movie time it will go way up. A lot of the bucky variant have spine issues. If I am going to speculate on a modern this one has all the factors in place to go up. Great writer and iconic marvel character. Guys can wait this one out but it could be years before this drops off . I am a buyer at 100- 150 cgc and tops 20 bucks raw.

After finding several sets in the $3-$5 range and selling them all pre-movie (b/c that's what you normally do, right?), I have now gone and purchased a normal version for $30 so I can have a set again.

There goes some profit.

:facepalm:

You may be right, but $340 is an enormous price tag for a modern Marvel book.

That's (gasp) Deadpool territory.

Winter Soldier is a far better character than deadpool to me.

(thumbs u

You may be right, but $340 is an enormous price tag for a modern Marvel book.

That's (gasp) Deadpool territory.

Winter Soldier is a far better character than deadpool to me.

(thumbs u

I agree, but we are in the vast minority on that one...

Im so glad the one I listed 2 months ago as a BIN for $20.00 didn't sell. The copy is perfect, might have to get it sealed up. Nice profit for a 5/$1.00 Bin at my LCS.

that's cause the book was not "the" winter soldier book until recently, when people are looking to hop on the train, and using the CGC label to decide what to buy.

I do agree, I remember trying my darnedest to get #14 as I just love that cover. That cover is right up there with Wolverine 55 (Sabretooth Decap Cover). But every Comic shop I went to wanted $50.00 to $75.00 for it, even the Ebay BIN where around that range. So it is still not in my collection as I refuse to pay this price for the book.

6 is the book to have and it shows....one sold for $249 on the 9th. It's rising in the regular cover and variant.

its the one people with no history with the series, who just look and go by the CGC label choose. There is no question about that.

But both are great (I own both), and 14 is the real significant book imo. But, for those looking for what CGC labels first WS, its the choice.

But, as far as I know, and no one has corrected me yet....the bucky and cap covers are 50:50 covers, no real variant, and debatable at the price difference between them.

6s were available everywhere, and for very cheap. That makes for great profit on the big rise, but long term, meh, I'm bias'd but i prefer 14. I personally think the whole series is worth owning, 6 & 14 are both great, and the cap cover 6s are probably the best deal of the 3 for those looking to get one for the time being till the hype cools a bit.

If they are 1 to 1 I can't imagine a premium for 1 over the other long term. I do see why people are excited over this character. I loved Bucky when I was a kid and its hard not to like the Winter Soldier. I think I'm going to pick one up because I don't see this book being cheaper long term. What is a good price right now for the Cap variant #6 ?

Edit: looking for raw NM.