• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Smattering of Steranko with a Profferring of Pre-hero - CLOSED

71 posts in this topic

- First :takeit: wins, whether in the thread or via PM, based on time stamp

- No probies or HOS members (or any other undesirable characters, at my judgment)

- PayPal, personal checks, or USPS money orders

- Shipping:

• USA: shipping via priority mail, $5 for up to 4 books (bomb-proof flat rate envelope), $10 for 5 or more books (bomb-proof flat rate box)
  • Canada, UK or Australia: we'll figure incremental shipping charges for boxed trackable shipping (either first class or priority mail international, depending on package value and destination)
  • other international destinations, my apologies

All books are complete with covers and centerfolds attached at both staples with no known restoration, unless otherwise noted.

100% happiness guarantee - if you don't like your books for any reason, return them to me as purchased for a full refund within a reasonable time frame.

For what it's worth, you can check out my kudos thread HERE

CLICK HERE for the thread recap

Nick Fury 1, GD+ 2.5, BIN $10 SOLD

BACK COVER: light price in pencil top edge chip out upper left, general wear;

INTERIOR: cf completely detached; lower corners missing out of margin on the center wrap – doesn’t affect artwork, very little is attached at the lower staple…the lower staple is still present but the lower end of the lower staple is outside the spine;

FRONT COVER: general wear, small tape pull on Scorpio’s right hand, 2-and-a-half inch horizontal tear off the leading edge through the stripes on the eagle; let’s call it a really nice 2.5

Next up, we have the complete run (three issues) of Spyman...let's keep these together as a set for now.

Spyman #1 contains Steranko's first published work as a comic artist...he wrote the -script for the lead story, and penciled the first page, including that robotic hand. In Spyman #2, Steranko also worked on the -script and his robotic hand is on the cover. The hand makes another appearance on the cover of Spyman #3.

Asking $30 for the three issue run... SOLD

Spyman 1, FN 6.0

nice copy, other than that odd white splotching on the FC next to the "S" - there is no texture to it, and no paper rippling…no idea what it was - without that, the book is an 8.0…with it, let's say 6.0 (shrug)

spyman1_f_zps4a2b5871.jpg

spyman1_r_zps14291ba7.jpg

Spyman 2, FN/VF 7.0

cb creasing URFC; spine stress

spyman2_f_zps92bc63bc.jpg

spyman2_r_zpsf3685407.jpg

Spyman 3, VF- 7.5

tiny diag. cb crease tip of URFC; light cover edge wear

spyman3_f_zps5855ee12.jpg

spyman3_r_zps0c13e1e9.jpg

Nick Fury 6, FN+ 6.5, BIN $17

general wear, horizontal production crease through S.H.I.E.L.D on FC

nickfury6_f_zpsa01ca3d7.jpg

nickfury6_r_zps3ba63a0b.jpg

Man, in my opinion, this #6 is as good as any of Steranko's work, this cover speaks to me, wonder what some signed original art of this cover would go for? :)

Man, in my opinion, this #6 is as good as any of Steranko's work, this cover speaks to me, wonder what some signed original art of this cover would go for? :)

Dunno, but it would be a fun auction to watch.