• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Smattering of Steranko with a Profferring of Pre-hero - CLOSED

71 posts in this topic

Tower of Shadows 1, FN- 5.5, BIN $13

thin dust shadows on back cover; mild tanning; quarter-inch horiz. tear leading edge FC; minor cover wear; note the date stamp on the portrait shoulder (JUN 9 969); glossy

towerofshadows1_f_zps4eabdc98.jpg

towerofshadows1_r_zpsaf4ae255.jpg

X-Men 51, FN 6.0, BIN $35 SOLD

Looks like it's been signed by the man himself. No authentication, mind you...I bought it like this...your mileage may vary.

diag. crease lower back cover corner; moderate FC wear; cb creases URFC

th_xmen51_f_zpsc34c5d74.jpgth_xmen51_r_zpsa51a6584.jpg

X-Men 51, FN 6.0, BIN $35

Looks like it's been signed by the man himself. No authentication, mind you...I bought it like this...your mileage may vary.

xmen51_f_zpsc34c5d74.jpg

:takeit:

X-Men 51, FN 6.0, BIN $35

xmen51_f_zpsc34c5d74.jpg

xmen51_r_zpsa51a6584.jpg

:takeit:

Next up, we have the complete run (three issues) of Spyman...let's keep these together as a set for now.

Spyman #1 contains Steranko's first published work as a comic artist...he wrote the -script for the lead story, and penciled the first page, including that robotic hand. In Spyman #2, Steranko also worked on the -script and his robotic hand is on the cover. The hand makes another appearance on the cover of Spyman #3.

Asking $30 for the three issue run...

Spyman 1, FN 6.0

nice copy, other than that odd white splotching on the FC next to the "S" - there is no texture to it, and no paper rippling…no idea what it was - without that, the book is an 8.0…with it, let's say 6.0 (shrug)

spyman1_f_zps4a2b5871.jpg

spyman1_r_zps14291ba7.jpg

Spyman 2, FN/VF 7.0

cb creasing URFC; spine stress

spyman2_f_zps92bc63bc.jpg

spyman2_r_zpsf3685407.jpg

Spyman 3, VF- 7.5

tiny diag. cb crease tip of URFC; light cover edge wear

spyman3_f_zps5855ee12.jpg

spyman3_r_zps0c13e1e9.jpg

:takeit: per PM

This next book is interesting because it has a single panel of action that spans 4 pages...you need two copies of the book to see it all at once, so if you only have one copy of the 167, you need another one so you can do this:

strangetales167ab_i_zps77bd601f.jpg

Strange Tales 167, FN 6.0, BIN $15

light dust shadow back cover; light cover edge wear; tiny tear in the field of FC over Fury’s right eye

strangetales167b_f_zpsdce9330e.jpg

strangetales167b_r_zpse6690633.jpg

:takeit: per PM

This next book is interesting because it has a single panel of action that spans 4 pages...you need two copies of the book to see it all at once, so if you only have one copy of the 167, you need another one so you can do this:

strangetales167ab_i_zps77bd601f.jpg

Now you tell me. :baiting:

Amazing Adventures 1, VG- 3.5, BIN $175 SOLD

presents well, nice colors and gloss; full length subscription crease fc, but not too bad; centerfold detached at top staple, still hanging on at the bottom (barely); put it in a mylar and enjoy...

th_aa1_f_zps98ed47aa.jpgth_aa1_r_zps4244c155.jpg

Amazing Adventures 2, VG/FN 5.0, BIN $100

small bit of moisture staining (no rippling) lower spine corner on both covers; small chip out of the LRFC; moderate cover creasing; ncb cover wear; really nice page quality

aa2_f_zps4503c97c.jpg

aa2_r_zpsad9c9269.jpg