• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LINDA TURNER MOVIE STAR AKA the BLACK CAT, another HOT REDHEAD! Goldenage

20 posts in this topic

Black Cat, the Darling of Comics, AKA Linda Turner, Movie star.

Hollywood’s Glamorous Detective Star, art by Lee Elias.

Harvey publications.

I wonder if she was related to Lana Turner…anyway…She’s another hot redhead. Not quite Jimmy Olsen;)

Linda Turner AKA the Black Cat is a Hollywood Stuntwoman turner Movie star. She knows Judo, can ride motorcycle as well as a horse. Her dad was a star in silent movie Westerns.

The books are filled with caricatures of old movie stars, it's a fun series.

I’ll be selling 12 issues from my collection. A few I have upgraded and a few I am sacrificing to make room for some other books.

As with all of the books I collected, the grades vary. I just bought whatever I needed to fill in a run. The later books will be higher grade.

None of these books have been pressed, although a few might have been spindled or mutilated…and many of you are too young to know that joke;)

US Shipping is $5. I will use a flat rate envelope for up to 4 books, after that I'll use a box. I have very strong boards with a wood veneer. If you prefer a box, I'll gladly use that instead at my exact cost.

Out of the US, shipping is at my cost.

I pay for private insurance, so that's included as well as tracking.

I accept Paypal, money orders or checks.

PMS are fine, but if a :takeit: is posted on the board, that takes precedence. Payment is due within 7 days unless you have pmed me first and made other arrangements.

I take returns for any reason, buyer pays return shipping unless I've made an error, then I will pay the return shipping. Please notify me within 3 days of receipt if there is a problem.

#1 First issue, Hollywood’s Glamour Detective Star. Who’s Who, with Linda pretending to be a spy. Gamble or Death with a skull headed evil villain. The Savage Zoot Suit and the Story of the Fighting Chetniks. Cover , first wrap and centerfold are detached. There are small tears on the edges of the centerfold and one inch tears on several other pages.two inch tear on the top of the back cover. Pages are white and supple. Grade is Fair/Gd 1.5.Bin $73 SOLD

blackcat1_0001.jpg

blackcat1_0002.jpg

#8, “Black Magic” Linda (AKA Black Cat)rides a Motor Cycle on this one and Toby, Linda’s black Siamese cat catches a killer!. Moisture Stain upper right. There is a small piece missing on the lower spine cover. 3 “ Tape and a tear on the inside back cover. Grade is Good- (1.8). Bin $25 SOLD

blackcat8_0001.jpg

blackcat8_0002.jpg

#10, In the “Nobleman’s Curse” , Linda jumps 60 feet into 6’ of water…will she survive? Probably, there is a Black Cat #11, but you do need to read the book to see how;)

Staple at top is detached from the cover. Pages are white. ½ inch tear at the top of the cover through the “O’s in Hollywood, ¼ inch tear at the right edge. Grade is Gd/VG (3.0 maybe a tiny bit better. Bin $35

blackcat10_0001.jpg

blackcat10_0002.jpg

#11 Terror Rides the Highways! Linda teams up with a trick horse (he’s more than a one trick pony;) and together they foil a nefarious revenge plot.

Great color, some wrinkles on the left, the pages are white, and supple, but the paper near the staples was exposed to moisture at some time (probably improper storage), there is staining at the staples. Grade is GD/VG (3.0). Bin is $35

blackcat11_0001.jpg

blackcat11.jpg

#14, Dangerous Menu, with lots of “Cameos, I recognized Clark Gable for one. Jungle Death, Linda and a Gorilla! Linda Turner goes to a Party! Mary Worth, Dotty Dripple and Danny Dixon Cadet. Cover detached, piece off front cover. Offwhite supple pages. 1-1/2 inch tears on several pages, still very readable. Grade is Fair

Bin $14

SOLD

blackcat14_0001.jpg

blackcat14_0002.jpg

#15, 1 Black Cat story ,Invisible Scarlet O’Neil and Mary Worth stories are complete, but but there are pages missing from the 2nd Black Cat story. Professor Fychfud (complete with microscope) appears in the Scarlet O’Neil story, Grade is poor, Bin is $6.00

SOLD

blackcat15_0001.jpg

blackcat15_0002.jpg

#19, First story is “The Golden Guns” Black Cat Goes after “Black Heart’s “ treasure. The 2nd story, a day with Linda Turner has a Groucho Marx theme (complete with Groucho), last story is Mary Worth. Some kind of creature (hopefully bugs) chewed a piece off the back but left the staple attached;) Grade is Fair/Good (1.8) Bin is $15SOLD

blackcat19_0001.jpg

blackcat19_0002.jpg

Black Cat #20 Skull Island Killers, how does she keep the mask on while rescuing Rick from Giant Clams? On the set with Linda Turner, Invisible Scarlet O’Neil story.. Manufactured with just one staple, some hard to see ncb bends and a 1” stain on the right margin of the inside pages.. VG (4.0) Bin is $40

blackcat20_0001.jpg

blackcat20_0002.jpg

#54 Now Black Cat is billed as a Mystery Western. I guess they want to cover everything;) Golden Guns and a Day with Linda Turner (Groucho Marx appears) are reprinted from BC #19, last two stories from #17 and #37, The Black Cat and Winnie the Waitress.There is a Sub crease, grade is VG+ (4.5) bin is $45

blackcat54_0001.jpg

blackcat54_0002.jpg

#56 is in very nice shape.Slight roundness to the bottom right corner, pages are cr/ow 9.0 or better. Overstreet guide is $160, bin is $90

I see the back cover didn't show the bottom as well, if someone needs a better scan, just let me know. the slight roundness is on the front not the back.

blackcat56_0001.jpg

blackcat56_0002.jpg