• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green label value?

37 posts in this topic

Wow.. That's pretty crazy. Thanks I've gained some valuable info here. I'm surprised there isn't more of an uproar over this. Basically if you have irrefutable proof your book was signed by a creator they won't slab it yellow. I think that's a little crazy. Also if you want to collect sigs on one book you have to SS it at one show crack it open at another show and SS it there if you want more than 1 creator on a book with a yellow label and there at different cons, that can get expensive. I got a few raw sigs at MegaCon and a few slabbed. I got Darwyn Cooke to sign my I Zombie #1 variant but didn't SS it. That's gonna hurt doh!

There's nothing crazy about it, really.

CGC doesn't offer an signature authentication service, they offer a signature witnessing service. Trying to do after-the-fact authentication opens up a big ol' can of worms - there's zero incentive for them to muddy up the SS program like that.

Wow.. That's pretty crazy. Thanks I've gained some valuable info here. I'm surprised there isn't more of an uproar over this. Basically if you have irrefutable proof your book was signed by a creator they won't slab it yellow. I think that's a little crazy. Also if you want to collect sigs on one book you have to SS it at one show crack it open at another show and SS it there if you want more than 1 creator on a book with a yellow label and there at different cons, that can get expensive. I got a few raw sigs at MegaCon and a few slabbed. I got Darwyn Cooke to sign my I Zombie #1 variant but didn't SS it. That's gonna hurt doh!

CGC doesn't offer an signature authentication service, they offer a signature witnessing service. Trying to do after-the-fact authentication opens up a big ol' can of worms - there's zero incentive for them to muddy up the SS program like that.

Absolutely, and besides signature witnessing there is no "irrefutable proof" you can have that I couldn't duplicate. COA I can give you the original COA and keep the book, while giving you one I forged. Same with photos I can give you a pic of him signing a book I keep and giving you one I forged.

You make good points. I hope we get an authentication service one day. I don't have nearly the kind of disposable income some of the people on here have so I can't submit a ton of SS's at a show unfortunately so it would be nice to have an authentication service so I could send them in when I get that extra money. I'm sure there's a lot of people on the he same boat.

Thank you

You make good points. I hope we get an authentication service one day. I don't have nearly the kind of disposable income some of the people on here have so I can't submit a ton of SS's at a show unfortunately so it would be nice to have an authentication service so I could send them in when I get that extra money. I'm sure there's a lot of people on the he same boat.

I cant imagine good authentication from trained and thoughtful professionals would be any cheaper than the $50 or so for the SS process.

There's already a market for authentication services JSA and PSA/DNA are the two big companies.

I only like getting yellow's because of the witness program...can I get a witness?

:facepalm:

I would say there is a higher chance that the yellow commands a premium but that's not always 100% fact. There have been plenty of examples in the past to where blue's command a premium. Some collectors do not like signatures on their comics!