• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your comic "pet peeve?"

54 posts in this topic

This isn't a comic flaw per se, but it bothers me none the less. I ordered a fairly expensive GA book (for me) and it showed up on my doorstep today IN AN ENVOLOPE. WHAT. REALLY? Does it truely cost so much more to put it in a small box or something? It wasn't even a padded envolope, but just a thin little paper thing. :mad: Funny enough it is hard to get a copy of this book so if it was damaged it isn't like I can find another. :facepalm:

Alright I am done with my rantrant back to GA stuff!

This isn't a comic flaw per se, but it bothers me none the less. I ordered a fairly expensive GA book (for me) and it showed up on my doorstep today IN AN ENVOLOPE. WHAT. REALLY? Does it truely cost so much more to put it in a small box or something? It wasn't even a padded envolope, but just a thin little paper thing. :mad: Funny enough it is hard to get a copy of this book so if it was damaged it isn't like I can find another. :facepalm:

Alright I am done with my rantrant back to GA stuff!

Poor shipping, regardless of item, bothers me greatly.

Otherwise, tape and foxing gets on my nerves.

Here's a pet peeve: When people use wide packaging tape on the INSIDE contents of a package.

The wide, clear packaging tape should be for the outside package only.

I guess people have a one-tape-for-all-uses mentality, because I often receive items with the thick, extra-sticky packaging tape on the inside materials -- including holding down the sides of a comic (in its slipcover) against a piece of cardboard.

Sometimes when you try to pull the wide packing tape off the comic slipcover, it stretches or tears the plastic.

People should use masking tape or blue painter's tape inside the package. That stuff is only just sticky enough to hold things together.

That's my pet peeve for the moment. I'll think of another one soon.

Here's a pet peeve: When people use wide packaging tape on the INSIDE contents of a package.

The wide, clear packaging tape should be for the outside package only.

I guess people have a one-tape-for-all-uses mentality, because I often receive items with the thick, extra-sticky packaging tape on the inside materials -- including holding down the sides of a comic (in its slipcover) against a piece of cardboard.

Sometimes when you try to pull the wide packing tape off the comic slipcover, it stretches or tears the plastic.

People should use masking tape or blue painter's tape inside the package. That stuff is only just sticky enough to hold things together.

That's my pet peeve for the moment. I'll think of another one soon.

Yep, a real bear to remove. Totally unnecessary.

Faded colors on FC.

True. Especially with GA, however, it's tough to know how faded a cover is because it's hard to know what it looked like originally. This issue became apparent to me yesterday when I was comparing my seven copies of Tales to Astonish 44 (the first Wasp). Covers that looked pretty good by themselves looked downright homely compared to a stellar copy with truly fresh colors.

That's Silver Age though where books are aplenty. Rarely have a I had more than one copy of a GA book to make such comparisons. However, I know a few boardies who have been hoarding All Select 1s and such so they might be able to do those comparisons :D Nevertheless, at a con or checking out an online image, it is difficult to get a good point of color comparison on a GA book.

BTW: Hope you are doing well Ben!

Faded colors on FC.

True. Especially with GA, however, it's tough to know how faded a cover is because it's hard to know what it looked like originally. This issue became apparent to me yesterday when I was comparing my seven copies of Tales to Astonish 44 (the first Wasp). Covers that looked pretty good by themselves looked downright homely compared to a stellar copy with truly fresh colors.

That's Silver Age though where books are aplenty. Rarely have a I had more than one copy of a GA book to make such comparisons. However, I know a few boardies who have been hoarding All Select 1s and such so they might be able to do those comparisons :D Nevertheless, at a con or checking out an online image, it is difficult to get a good point of color comparison on a GA book.

Keston :hi:

Faded colors on FC.

All-Select 1s? :takeit:

Faded colors on FC.

All-Select 1s? :takeit:

Oh, you like All-Select 1s? lol

Opps, My bad I will have to get some " masking tape or blue painter's tape". Thanks for the advice. Jim

Generic masking tape is available in any store, very cheap. Blue painter's tape is available in bulk at Home Depot or other stores that sell those types of supplies.

Just a pet peeve of mine, no need for an "oops" on your part.