• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey...remember Mr. 1.8?!?!

55 posts in this topic

Ok well at least I didn't post an irrelevant thread....keep on truckin I guess...

At this point I suspect Brock is instigating you. He started the thread after all, and admitted it was for no specific reason lol

I didn't start the thread to get at kav...in fact, I think he's an interesting character as well.

All the 1.8s of key books listed by one seller reminded me of Mr. 1.8. Certainly others remember him.

That was all...I'll start a more relevant thread next time...

For kav :foryou:

Nah this thread is still better than any I ever started....

Let me bring you folks back into the fold:

His reasoning for collecting 1.8s was as follows (and I'm paraphrasing):

I believe he was a businessman living in an Asian country (Thailand makes sense) and I believe the number 8 is considered good fortune to many living in that part of the world.

So he wanted to collect #1 issues and the "8" brought good fortune so having 1.8 slabs (and displaying them) was pleasing to the individuals who would visit his home or where ever he had his comics.

Therefore, his 1.8 presented the best of both worlds: it gave him a "1" which is "best" and "8" which is good fortune.

Ok well at least I didn't post an irrelevant thread....keep on truckin I guess...

At this point I suspect Brock is instigating you. He started the thread after all, and admitted it was for no specific reason lol

I didn't start the thread to get at kav...in fact, I think he's an interesting character as well.

All the 1.8s of key books listed by one seller reminded me of Mr. 1.8. Certainly others remember him.

Nah this thread is still better than any I ever started....

Keep reading and you'll get a little culture as well....

I believe he was a businessman living in an Asian country (Thailand makes sense) and I believe the number 8 is considered good fortune to many living in that part of the world.

So he wanted to collect #1 issues and the "8" brought good fortune so having 1.8 slabs (and displaying them) was pleasing to the individuals who would visit his home or where ever he had his comics.

Therefore, his 1.8 presented the best of both worlds: it gave him a "1" which is "best" and "8" which is good fortune.

Dang and now he's selling all his good fortune....

I was joking, of course.

And I also like kav… I just think posting can get compulsive, and this is not a good thing, for everyone – in the best of cases it makes you lose time on the Internet, like I am doing right now! :P

Brock! :hi:

Oh it's compulsive. I literally have nothing better to do. And as a shut-in, this is the ONLY human interaction I have.

Oh it's compulsive. I literally have nothing better to do. And as a shut-in, this is the ONLY human interaction I have.

We’ll try to make the best out of it, then. :foryou:

But it’s not good for the cervical region, you know? In fact, this intensive use of computer (and people spending a lot of time driving cars as well) have become a sort of "professional illness" in the last ten years or so… :(

We’ll try to make the best out of it, then. :foryou:

But it’s not good for the cervical region, you know? In fact, this intensive use of computer (and people spending a lot of time driving cars as well) have become a sort of "professional illness" in the last ten years or so… :(

My neck looks like mess.

the worlds finest #1 is pretty cool i think Ill throw my hat in on that baby

1.8 here i come

Good choice.

1.8 here i come

Good choice.

the price is not bad at all. if it stays pretty low ill pull the trigger. it is tough to have "Golden" money for the high grades

Maybe it will bring me good luck in my bedroom lol

1.8 here i come

Good choice.

the price is not bad at all. if it stays pretty low ill pull the trigger. it is tough to have "Golden" money for the high grades

:o

Maybe it'll be your 'Finest' moment....

1.8 here i come

Good choice.

:o

Maybe it'll be your 'Finest' moment....

it will help me cross over limp creek...and back (thumbs u

With all the money this guy has spent on 1.8's, why didn't he just save up and buy an actual 8.0? If I was in it for superstition reasons, I would go with the 8.0. My gosh, I cant believe I'm analyzing this :facepalm:

(thumbs u