• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shill.....?

20 posts in this topic

I'd say almost definitely a shill. Over the last 30 days the 4's bids are 100% with the seller, so he put in 111 bids and they were ONLY with the seller. O and 1 bid retractions from that seller.

How does this work-if the shill is winning all the auctions what's the point?

How does this work-if the shill is winning all the auctions what's the point?

To show value for a item. clearly they want more money for a item. sadly winning that item was at play there.

I think eBay anonymises buyers.. I lost many bids to e****o, but I highly doubt it's the same person every time.

You could be right. however its every listing this seller has plus it been with past items. I don't have them all listed. but ever since the Walking dead hit ebay back in early February I been seeing the same bidder with the same feedback rating. at this point its pretty clear it the same bidder.

I think eBay anonymises buyers.. I lost many bids to e****o, but I highly doubt it's the same person every time.

The bidder's actual IDs are scrambled. In your case e****o isn't the censored version of the real ebay ID, nor does the real ebay ID begin the letter "e" and end with the letter "o". However, the real ebay user ID is always assigned to that scrambled e****o ID from listing to listing and the feedback number attached to the e****o ID is the same feedback number attached to the real ID. So yes your numerous losses to e****o are very likely the same person. Obviously there is a degree of probability that they are different but highly unlikely.

Report the items as fraudulent and eBay will delete his account. He will most likely just start another account but his several years of feedback will be gone. Wish PayPal would get involved on some kind of restitution for the listings these people shill up.

Report the items as fraudulent and eBay will delete his account. He will most likely just start another account but his several years of feedback will be gone. Wish PayPal would get involved on some kind of restitution for the listings these people shill up.

I perused the 'kicked off ebay and paypal' forum and it's not such an easy thing to get back on....you should hear the crying that goes on over there....

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/

I perused the 'kicked off ebay and paypal' forum and it's not such an easy thing to get back on....you should hear the crying that goes on over there....

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/

Seems like the should name their guides "Shillin for dummies" :facepalm: