• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sell or Keep?

18 posts in this topic

So I got my latest shipment from CGC, and I was happy that my Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD #18 pulled a 9.6. It's been difficult to find that book in high grade, much less a 9.6. And it gets me that much closer to a complete run of NF 1-18.

GPA is weird on this book, but I've seen it go for a good dollar. On ComicLink, someone bid $450 on a 9.6 back in December. Now, who knows if that buyer, or any other buyer willing to drop that money on that book, is still out there, but what do you do in similar circumstances? And what's your reasoning?

Sell it, try to cash in, look for a lower grade copy? Keep it, enjoy having it in the collection?

So yeah, not looking for anyone to tell me what to do. Just curious what you do and why. (thumbs u

I have a modest collection but, when I buy a book, I do so with an eye on keeping it in the collection.

I disappoint myself when I find that a purchase is of a lesser quality than I had hoped.

If a book to proves to be of superior quality, I am quite pleased.*

Nick Fury #18?

I remember buying that one on the newsstand. Having a 9.6 would be a splendid copy to own. :grin:

*I attempt to convince myself of my shrewd purchasing skills and ignore the role of sheer luck. :cool:

I'd post about the book being available for sale in Comics General & watch my PM box. :baiting:

Such a cynic! :sorry::D

I have a modest collection but, when I buy a book, I do so with an eye on keeping it in the collection.

I disappoint myself when I find that a purchase is of a lesser quality than I had hoped.

Nick Fury #18?

I remember buying that one on the newsstand. Having a 9.6 would be a splendid copy to own. :grin:

*I attempt to convince myself of my shrewd purchasing skills and ignore the role of sheer luck. :cool:

Yeah, I try to keep my collection "compact" and focused. I don't want a room spilling over with comics, and while it's cool to see people talk about finding books they'd forgotten they had when they went through their X number of unsorted Bronze age longboxes, that's just not me.

I'd post about the book being available for sale in Comics General & watch my PM box. :baiting:

Such a cynic! :sorry::D

Nick Fury #18?

Yeah, I try to keep my collection "compact" and focused. I don't want a room spilling over with comics, and while it's cool to see people talk about finding books they'd forgotten they had when they went through their X number of unsorted Bronze age longboxes, that's just not me.

This is exactly why I sifted out all my Action #1's and donated em to Dr Neff.

if you are completing a run, why would you sell?

If you ARE willing to sell, throw it up on e-bay with a pie-in-the-sky price, and just leave it there to fish for you

Would sell to buy a cheaper copy, like a 9.2 or 9.4, and bank the difference. :D

But any copy in that range has been difficult to find, at least in the 10 months or so I've been hunting one.

if you are completing a run, why would you sell?

If you ARE willing to sell, throw it up on e-bay with a pie-in-the-sky price, and just leave it there to fish for you

Would sell to buy a cheaper copy, like a 9.2 or 9.4, and bank the difference. :D

But any copy in that range has been difficult to find, at least in the 10 months or so I've been hunting one.

Wait until you find a nice looking 9.2 or 9.4, then sell the 9.6 to a label chaser.

lol

I wish there were that kind of demand for this book. Crazy thing about the Comiclink quote I mentioned, the interior is a reprint. Cover is unique and book is hard to find. So I'm assuming it's a completionist out there, or a Severin fan.

What's the grade range of the other issues you have of this title?

9.2's and 9.4's. A couple of other 9.6's.

@oakman, the reason would be to pocket the difference on a cheaper copy, assuming that this book would still fetch that (to me crazy) amount seen on Comiclink.

Resubmit see if they detect trimming.

And if so, resubmit again and see if they overlook the trimming....

Then start a thread....