• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Response on Suspected Ewert Books

465 posts in this topic

So I guess the next step...if there is to be a next step.....is to publish the Ewert list without the help of CGC? Is there any reason the information can't be printed out & distributed at conventions or something? Could NOD not move forward with this?

Yep, but this was also done years ago so it's not really a "next step". Bruce, et al put the list together when one could still "look up" complete invoices on-line, and I believe Sterling recently provided a link to the list and was was working on a lookup utility?

I would think the list is somewhere on NOD's website, it should be if not. (shrug)

Plus the list includes books that are out of the range of review that if you email Harshen enquiring about them, he will respond that they are fine. Flaming Telepath sold at least 2 books recently that he noted that CGC says that they are "not at risk". I know that there are people who are PMing others when they try to sell books in the marketplace when the book is on the "list" but they fail to note the grade date. I had 4 books checked a few years ago that fell within the range but was trying to remember why a couple on the "list" wasn't checked. When I emailed Harshen about them, he said that they are fine.

So I guess the next step...if there is to be a next step.....is to publish the Ewert list without the help of CGC? Is there any reason the information can't be printed out & distributed at conventions or something? Could NOD not move forward with this?

Yep, but this was also done years ago so it's not really a "next step". Bruce, et al put the list together when one could still "look up" complete invoices on-line, and I believe Sterling recently provided a link to the list and was was working on a lookup utility?

I would think the list is somewhere on NOD's website, it should be if not. (shrug)

Plus the list includes books that are out of the range of review that if you email Harshen enquiring about them, he will respond that they are fine. Flaming Telepath sold at least 2 books recently that he noted that CGC says that they are "not at risk". I know that there are people who are PMing others when they try to sell books in the marketplace when the book is on the "list" but they fail to note the grade date. I had 4 books checked a few years ago that fell within the range but was trying to remember why a couple on the "list" wasn't checked. When I emailed Harshen about them, he said that they are fine.
Everything's fine. :baiting:

Everything's fine. :baiting:
:acclaim:

a side note, I wonder what would have happened to Mark Wilson had the internet and CGC been as prevalent back in the mid 90s? In my small interaction with Mark, I actually like him -- but I'm sure the vitriol and fervor to tear someone apart would have prevented his reentering the hobby. His scope of selling undisclosed resto books is legendary -- but that's something that has long since been forgiven and forgotten (except by those who were victims). Just a thought on our interesting culture of how we attack fraud in comics.

It's never too late.

and the results are in: resubbed 8 books and one got cut (for the second time obviously). thanks to the members of NOD for alerting me. i will be forwarding the results to them. if there's anyone here who's keeping track of the master list, PM me.