• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sparkle City on eBay

30 posts in this topic

It looks like the same book based on the back cover - chip out of the top right and dust shadow.

What I find interesting based on other books I have seen over the past year is why CGC did not nail it harder for the tanning and dust/sun shadow on the back. This book is maybe a 7.5 without the tanning and dust/sun shadow, and they have been nailing other books for that way harder.

that tanning / dust shadow doesn't look very significant, at least to me? Perhaps it just wasn't significant enough to warrant much deduction. That being said its not a very well presenting 7.5, at least to me.

It looks like the same book based on the back cover - chip out of the top right and dust shadow.

What I find interesting based on other books I have seen over the past year is why CGC did not nail it harder for the tanning and dust/sun shadow on the back. This book is maybe a 7.5 without the tanning and dust/sun shadow, and they have been nailing other books for that way harder.

The book linked to is a 7.5 copy of a different issue. Am I missing something? hm

They know how to press comics very well.

I know of two nice SA books that were CGC 9.0s prior to reaching their hands.

Upon leaving their hands and going up for sale on eBay both were CGC 9.4s.

From what I have heard and seen, he just (one of the owners) has a nice touch or sweet machine)

They know how to press comics very well.

I know of two nice SA books that were CGC 9.0s prior to reaching their hands.

Upon leaving their hands and going up for sale on eBay both were CGC 9.4s.

From what I have heard and seen, he just (one of the owners) has a nice touch or sweet machine)

I forgot to add, each of those books had been pressed at LEAST once prior. One by a pressing company and the other by a pressing person.