• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Convention "Season"

22 posts in this topic

Ditto on Wizard saturating the market with conventions. It seems like the convention season is getting longer and thicker. I think I saw somewhere on the boards that next year's WW St Louis is scheduled for the same weekend as four other cons. It will be interesting to see where dealers decide to set up shop under that circumstance.

Ditto on Wizard saturating the market with conventions. It seems like the convention season is getting longer and thicker. I think I saw somewhere on the boards that next year's WW St Louis is scheduled for the same weekend as four other cons. It will be interesting to see where dealers decide to set up shop under that circumstance.

That was my post on WW St. Louis, because it is scheduled the same weekend that the Dallas Comicon, Big Wow, and Motor City have all fallen on for the past three years running (and maybe more, but that is all I know). I'm hoping that more than one of those shows ends up moving, otherwise we'll get a bunch of watered down shows with few national dealers or decent guests.

We're getting to the point that you can't go more than about two weeks without some fairly large show someplace in the US. At least reasonably sized cons are run in every month except December. Sooner or later we will reach a saturation point, and I think we have to be getting close if we haven't already reached it. Fatigue has to set in, shows are already cannibalizing other shows and markets.