• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you list the same book in 2 auction houses ?

7 posts in this topic

invaders 4

been looking for it a long time

The bid at comic link from almost a year ago is mine

http://www.comiclink.com/items.asp?id=4345 or http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fitems%2Easp%3Fid%3D4345&id=838993

Now it is on heritage

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?inventoryNo=800023764

-

I didn't know a seller could put it in more than one auction house ?

Edited for clarity :)

Your title is leading people to think that the book is actually being auctioned off in two different places, but in actuality it's only listed for sale. Guess he could also list it on CL, ebay, the bulletin board at the laundry mat or in his store if he got one. No harm done here as long as its not listed on these forums.

yah its like saying if you can post an ad in the classifieds of two different newspapers.

Your title is leading people to think that the book is actually being auctioned off in two different places, but in actuality it's only listed for sale. Guess he could also list it on CL, ebay, the bulletin board at the laundry mat or in his store if he got one. No harm done here as long as its not listed on these forums.

Why do we frown upon things being listed in more than one place? I've always wondered that. Tons of dealers here list things on both ebay and their own websites.

If the heritage listing is newer I'd suggest you make an offer thru their site.

And regarding your question, nope no problem selling in two venues as long as neither have some "exclusivity" language in their listing terms (which I don't think they do)

Why do we frown upon things being listed in more than one place? I've always wondered that. Tons of dealers here list things on both ebay and their own websites.

Only reason I occasionally don't like it is cause multiple sales avenues give a seller an easy out if they've underpriced something or not updated a price after a book spikes.

I've tried to complete an eBay Purchase before for an under priced ST110, and when the dealer saw how cheaply he was selling the book it suddenly had been "sold via our website"

In pretty sure a month later I saw it back on eBay for full market price.

But they could pull that even without having another sales venue.